The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone, I've applied to University of Bristol, Birmingham and Oxford Brookes to do Law(LLB)...but my A-levels were sooooooo bad!!
Both myself and tutors think there may have been an error in my results since I'm an straight A student.
I have currently 10 CSEC passes (A-C) grades and my predicted grades for A-level were A* and A.
I did 5 subjects and my results were as follows..
Caribbean Studies- Grade B
Law- Grade C
Economics and Management of Business- Grade D
and Maths - an awful fail! lol ( i wasn't surprised!) but the others... :frown:

I dream school is Bristol but i know they will not be accepting these grades...what are my options? Plz i'm an international student so i desperately need advice from you guys!!

P.s i don't want to resit :frown: ...is there anything i can do to still get entrance into Bristol?
Well you could phone them and beg...but it's a long shot.. But then again I believe in long shots anyway :smile:

Sorry to hear about your results btw, always painful when you don't achieve what you really set out to
Well you could phone them and beg...but it's a long shot.. But then again I believe in long shots anyway :smile:

Sorry to hear about your results btw, always painful when you don't achieve what you really set out to
Reply 43
Bad A-Level results! what should I do?

Ask in the TSR A-level forum:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=80

:awesome:
Reply 44
I'm sorry to hear dude..I hope things turn out for the best :biggrin:

BTW why aren't you still waiting on results (19th Aug) has yours come early :s
Reply 45
help needed...i am planning to apply to a med skool in uk but unfortunately i got very shocking results in AS levels:
chemistry-C
biology-E
physics-E

can i still get an offer frm a university....can i relli push my grades at A2level...im an international student and i dont want to repeat AS!!
I did badly in my AS Levels, and I wasn't even on TSR back then! :s-smilie: :facepalm2:
If I was reapplying to universities who are asking for AAA in my gap year, even if i had only achieved AAB in my overall a levels, would they be likely to consider me?

I would obviously resit a module or two.
+ I'd be doing other stuff such as working, travelling, and getting law work experience in my gap year.
Thats me! I think I'm 98% sure I won't be going this year. I'm totally lost and obviously desperate for some company as it sucks feeling like such a loser! :frown:
Anyone else out there? Helloooo?
This is a bad thread. Quite negative. But still! We could offer suggestions and advice to each other and comfort each other,right? :smile:
I am with you!
Lets go buy cake.
Yeah, I definitely don't think I've met my requirements.
But oh well, I'll just have to cross my fingers for clearing!
carlylwright
I am with you!
Lets go buy cake.

Yay!
fidelity_blue
Yeah, I definitely don't think I've met my requirements.
But oh well, I'll just have to cross my fingers for clearing!

Its just that my insurance doesn't even need that great grades! So if I don't get into that, I wouldn't stand a chance at clearing! :frown:
Reply 54
carlylwright
I am with you!
Lets go buy cake.

Not cake. Tesco has half price Ben and Jerry's. Safe to say I'm well stocked up, should things go badly tomorrow.
what you have done..thats done
now accept the results like a man..oops so far the posts are from gurls.
ok so be a girl!
Try to get some sleep. Get some rest/an early night, and you can deal with whatever's thrown at you in the morning.

Think positive - no matter what the outcome tomorrow, you'll get through it.
Reply 57
I'm just going to kill everyone who might have stolen my place at my firm.. genius!
Reply 58
el che
Not cake. Tesco has half price Ben and Jerry's. Safe to say I'm well stocked up, should things go badly tomorrow.

Cookie dough :coma:
But yeah :itsme:
I think i've made my insurance but deffo not my firm :emo:
I'm probably in this club as well but thankfully it's only at AS level, retakes FTW!!

Latest