The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've spent the whole summer utterly convinced I won't get my firm or insurance. I worked so hard but seemed to leave my brain outside the exam room for most of my exams :frown:
The awful thing is, I have no Plan B. I don't want to go through Clearing. Gap year and resits it is!
Reply 81
why am I reading this ****? I was calm and collected, ready for the next stage of life whatever it may bring. Then I logged onto TSR and got suicidal.
*wave* uh oh!
Reply 83
:frown:
Reply 84
I have a really sick sinking feeling in my chest and stomach and it wont go away. I knw i wnt get the gades tmw because i missed two wxams in the summer.
Im abslutly bricking it.
Reply 85
carlylwright
I am with you!
Lets go buy cake.

I just ate 6 cupcakes and 3 chocolate bars I think I'm gonna head for the ice cream now :frown:

why did I not prepare better?? :frown:
tesha_al
I just ate 6 cupcakes and 3 chocolate bars I think I'm gonna head for the ice cream now :frown:

why did I not prepare better?? :frown:

Exactly what I'm thinking.

If I could redo this whole process, I would make sure to apply to a Uni that wants a lot lower grades to put as an insurance. Wouldn't be so hit and miss that way!
Why did I NOT start revision earlierrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! The guilt rips me apart!!!
Reply 88
carlylwright
Exactly what I'm thinking.

If I could redo this whole process, I would make sure to apply to a Uni that wants a lot lower grades to put as an insurance. Wouldn't be so hit and miss that way!

See I did the same damn thing last year. If I fail again then I'm gonna be a social zombie. If i mean when I fail :frown:
Reply 89
if you dont do well in AS exams but you still have a pass to learn the subject at A2 is a resit really needed? Uni's only look at the A level grades and points not the AS. Do you retake AS exams to get a better predicition for A level? :s-smilie:
taliman
if you dont do well in AS exams but you still have a pass to learn the subject at A2 is a resit really needed? Uni's only look at the A level grades and points not the AS. Do you retake AS exams to get a better predicition for A level? :s-smilie:

your AS makes up your overall grade, so if you get two Us at AS in a subject you can't get above a c/d for a level overall :no:
Reply 91
letsdothetimewarpagain
your AS makes up your overall grade, so if you get two Us at AS in a subject you can't get above a c/d for a level overall :no:

but ucas points are added up with your 3 A level's and the AS level you dropped, the AS points dont count if you take it further to A level
taliman
but ucas points are added up with your 3 A level's and the AS level you dropped, the AS points dont count if you take it further to A level

No but they do make the gradem AS is worth half of the A level you get ucas points for.
I'm so scared that i've failed AS with CCD! Which does seem quite likely, I really hope not..I wanted to do law at AAB uni's :frown:
Looking at everyone getting into uni, and being excited, made me cry, lol..congrats everyone! and for those who are still waiting about clearing etc, GOOD LUCK!
If it makes you feel better I got 3 Cs last year. Just make sure if you haven't got what you wanted, to sign up for resits. Also, when putting down predicted grades, it is possible to convince your school to higher them if you believe you can do better.

That's what I did, and I still got plenty of offers and have now got a confirmed place.

Basically, don't give up hope yet!
Same, i've messed up badly this year, i think i got BCCD, the D being in the subject that i want to do at uni =/
But try and stay optimistic about it =) at least now there's a chance you've done better than you think you have which will be good =) like the person above said, there are always resits.
carlylwright
If it makes you feel better I got 3 Cs last year. Just make sure if you haven't got what you wanted, to sign up for resits. Also, when putting down predicted grades, it is possible to convince your school to higher them if you believe you can do better.

That's what I did, and I still got plenty of offers and have now got a confirmed place.

Basically, don't give up hope yet!

Okay :frown: It's going to be so hard to convince them to get my grades to AAB... history is what i've messed up big time :frown:
helpneeded-a
Okay :frown: It's going to be so hard to convince them to get my grades to AAB... history is what i've messed up big time :frown:

It's definitely possible. Just make sure to prove to your teachers when you go back that you are really trying in your work, and a little sucking up never hurt anyone :wink:
carlylwright
It's definitely possible. Just make sure to prove to your teachers when you go back that you are really trying in your work, and a little sucking up never hurt anyone :wink:

I'll prove to them I can get A*AA..
Sorry, I know that seems a bit too optimistic, but I really have no choice now. This is going to be hard work.
Reply 99
I'm dreading what I got. I know I've stuffed up history as my mind went blank on the last paper. I'm dreading biology cus its my worse subject. I don't know what to think about geography because I though in January I had done better than I had done. And for archaeology I have no idea what so ever....anything could happen.

And those that have got into uni...you've made me feel happier so well done!!

Latest