The Student Room Group

2 questions about UCAS form-IMPORTANTT

1. Do universities see what nationality you are?
e.g. if someone doing French A level is of french nationality (has a french passport) but is a british citizen, would the unis consider the advantage the candidate may have had in getting a good grade?

2. Am I right to say that Medical Schools DO NOT see your ACTUAL AS grades, and only see your predictions?
Even if I have put them down on my form and not left them as 'pending' ?
Except Cambridge that is.

Thanks.

1). Yes, but I don't know if they take it into consideration.
Reply 2
come on people answerrrrrr
2) They know if you tell them on that form. Basically whatever you put on your UCAS form is exactly what the university sees. Nothing more and nothing less.
they wouldn't consider a mother tongue A level as valid.
Reply 5
786girl
come on people answerrrrrr
Don't be ridiculous! Not everyone on here is nocturnal, you know.

Unis quite often discount a mother tongue A level, for precisely the reason that you have an advantage over those for whom it isn't a mother tongue.

You must enter your overall AS grades if they were certificated (see the separate thread about this) and Cambridge gets to see everything because they ask for it. Whatever is on your UCAS form for your qualifications goes to the unis as well. Predicted grades are entered separately by your referee.
Reply 6
Minerva
Don't be ridiculous! Not everyone on here is nocturnal, you know.

Unis quite often discount a mother tongue A level, for precisely the reason that you have an advantage over those for whom it isn't a mother tongue.

You must enter your overall AS grades if they were certificated (see the separate thread about this) and Cambridge gets to see everything because they ask for it. Whatever is on your UCAS form for your qualifications goes to the unis as well. Predicted grades are entered separately by your referee.

but the thingg is im not fluent in german its not my mothertongue however i do have a german passport and they will assume im fluent, ive had to work as hard as anyone who doesnt have an advantage..
Reply 7
786girl
but the thingg is im not fluent in german its not my mothertongue however i do have a german passport and they will assume im fluent, ive had to work as hard as anyone who doesnt have an advantage..
You might want to discuss this with your referee, who would be able to clarify the position in reference if need be.

Latest

Trending

Trending