The Student Room Group

Worried that none of the guys at uni will like me because I'm tall :(

I'm 5'8" which is fine when I'm wearing flat shoes but when I put on my heels to go out I become 6' or even 6'1"

When I go out here with friends I am taller than most of the guys in the bars or clubs and it really annoys me :frown: I know it will probably be the same when I get to uni and I don't know whether to just wear heels and be taller or sacrifice gorgeous shoes that make my legs look nicer and wear flats so that I'm not too tall.

WHAT SHALL I DO?
:frown:

Scroll to see replies

well..wear flat shoes. I don't think heels are a good idea if you don't like being that tall :P find some gorgeous flats. there are plenty. some heels just look trashy anyway.

and find a tall guy? lol. you don't want want some short old thing. tall guys ftw.
Reply 2
You'd sit fine with me, I'm 6:5.

You'll meet loads of tall lads, and I'm sure they'll go for taller ladies too.

Don't worry about it! :smile:
:rolleyes:

If it helps, I prefer women that are about 5'7"-5'9" without heels anyway. And I'm about 6'1"/6'2".

Guys prefer different things, don't worry and, not meaning to be rude or anything, but seriously stop giving a crap.
There are plenty of guys taller than that, as long as you are comfortable with what you wear, it really wont be a drawback.
Reply 5
I'm 5'7'' and I'ld love to be 5'8'' -5'9''. You should only be happy about that, and not complain :smile:
Reply 6
Nothing like stepping out of a taxy with a 6'1 leggy women on your arms :smile:
:curious: I'm 5'10 in my bare feet. Get over it.
Don't wear heels then?
pinkstormtrooper
well..wear flat shoes. I don't think heels are a good idea if you don't like being that tall :P find some gorgeous flats. there are plenty. some heels just look trashy anyway.

and find a tall guy? lol. you don't want want some short old thing. tall guys ftw.

hahaha lol this. short people are funny looking. height >>>>> everything else when it comes to if u find someone attractive, studies have shown this :yep: :yep:
Reply 10
5'8" as a girl really isnt anything to worry about, youre above average, not really 'tall', theres plenty of girls that will be taller than you
Reply 11
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
5'8" is not that tall. I'm that height and would love to be taller! It's really not a big deal :smile:
Bakerzoid
Already I'm detecting a complete disregard for the feelings of men of short stature. I don't suppose it matters though, considering men are just soulless peices of flesh.

Kitchen. Sammich. Now :angry:
Reply 14
Anonymous
hahaha lol this. short people are funny looking. height >>>>> everything else when it comes to if u find someone attractive, studies have shown this :yep: :yep:

The tallest man in the world is also the most attractive.

Anyway your height is fine but i wouldn't reccommend wearing heels
Reply 15
Question is are you comfortable being with someone shorter than you when you have your heels on??
Loving all the short guy hate on this thread. hxx better not see this. :redface:
`R92
The tallest man in the world is also the most attractive.

Anyway your height is fine but i wouldn't reccommend wearing heels

lol no cuz gigantism means they got big hands and weird proportiosn but if ure normal then yea urll be attractive aslong as it dont go above certain height like 6'4 in male is ideal
Reply 18
Anonymous
lol no cuz gigantism means they got big hands and weird proportiosn but if ure normal then yea urll be attractive aslong as it dont go above certain height like 6'4 in male is ideal

Yea, well that's just like, your opinion, man.
MasterJomi
Loving all the short guy hate on this thread. hxx better not see this. :redface:

:teehee:

I'm scared of that guy.

Latest

Trending

Trending