The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
joey11223
you got yourself a stalker! :biggrin: Toy with him for your own amusement...

or if you're not me, just ignore him. The the odds of you meeting up in a group of friends quite high though?

ha! it's soooo annoying. what do you mean by toy with him?!
Reply 21
Tara I
isn't there a way to block texts from a certain number on your phone.. there was in my last one (came in handy) :smile:

i wish! lol. unfortunately i don't think there is
Reply 22
Dont ignore the messages because it's stupid. Like others said - say that it's not going to happen and that's it. That will get him of your hook. If that doesn't work call the S.W.A.T team to get him! If that doesn't work then give him a chance (I mean he took care of SWAT ^^)
Reply 23
Jellytots122
Do you have a samsung? theres an option on most samsung phones...x

erm nopee i have an iphone
just don't reply as harsh as it is. he'll soon get the picture.
Reply 25
xgeorgia
this guy texts me literally every day asking to meet up, and i make an excuse EVERY day! i feel mean but i know if i meet him it will be awkward as im pretty sure he wants to be more than friends....what should i do? let him down gently?

tell him that you don't like him just straight up because at least he will know how you feel... don't sugar coat it he might be diabetic... sorry for the bad joke but it had to be done
Send him a text saying you've got a new phone and give him the number of someone you hate.
Ignore any texts sent to your actual phone.
xgeorgia
ha! it's soooo annoying. what do you mean by toy with him?!

doesn't your phone let you block peoples numbers? Not sure if it stops texts to be honest but it's a start.

If it's seriously bothering you then why not ask your friend(it's their fault he has your number) to talk to him and explain that you're flattered but not interested. You could also explain to him yourself you're not really interested, although since you're in a friendship group saying you don't want to be his friend might cause issues.

Are these texts actually obviously hinting he's interested in you, are they flirtatious at all or is literally like "hey Georgia it's me(name)!" or "hey X gave me your number, it's me, how you doing haha?", innocent and childish like that?
Reply 28
Stop running away from him, face your problem!
xgeorgia
this guy texts me literally every day asking to meet up, and i make an excuse EVERY day! i feel mean but i know if i meet him it will be awkward as im pretty sure he wants to be more than friends....what should i do? let him down gently?

If you make an excuse he may actually believe you. Tell him the truth but make sure you dont hurt his feelings too much; simple
Reply 30
joey11223
doesn't your phone let you block peoples numbers? Not sure if it stops texts to be honest but it's a start.

If it's seriously bothering you then why not ask your friend(it's their fault he has your number) to talk to him and explain that you're flattered but not interested. You could also explain to him yourself you're not really interested, although since you're in a friendship group saying you don't want to be his friend might cause issues.

Are these texts actually obviously hinting he's interested in you, are they flirtatious at all or is literally like "hey Georgia it's me(name)!" or "hey X gave me your number, it's me, how you doing haha?", innocent and childish like that?

he's called George lol, awkward name compatibility or what!
and no they are usually 'i have a free house on friday if you want to come over, winky faces 'en all. (i always say sorry i'm busy) but other times they are just average friendly conversation, but he replies within 2 seconds and gets offended if i stop replying
Oh god this reminds of this guy who use to text me every hour no joke asking how i was, what i was doing, who im with? It was just ridicolous, he was actually quite all right but i think he had some issues anyway what i did was completely ignore his texts lol, best way! They will eventually get the messege :smile:
xgeorgia
he's called George lol, awkward name compatibility or what!
and no they are usually 'i have a free house on friday if you want to come over, winky faces 'en all. (i always say sorry i'm busy) but other times they are just average friendly conversation, but he replies within 2 seconds and gets offended if i stop replying

oh I see, he might be joking around but...those sort of texts when he barely even knows you...well he's after one thing eh?:yep:

Is he "normal"(no offence intended to anyone, I can't think of a better word, hence the " ") or could he have some sort of mental issue, learning disorder or anything? He's obviously very impatient and sulks easily, just not sure whether he is immature in general or could have something like Aspergers hence the constant texts, not picking up that you're not interested etc.
AqsaJaved
Oh god this reminds of this guy who use to text me every hour no joke asking how i was, what i was doing, who im with? It was just ridicolous, he was actually quite all right but i think he had some issues anyway what i did was completely ignore his texts lol, best way! They will eventually get the messege :smile:

Hey Babe, how are ya haha? You doin anythin or just alone now on computer?

:biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
joey11223
oh I see, he might be joking around but...those sort of texts when he barely even knows you...well he's after one thing eh?:yep:

Is he "normal"(no offence intended to anyone, I can't think of a better word, hence the " ") or could he have some sort of mental issue, learning disorder or anything? He's obviously very impatient and sulks easily, just not sure whether he is immature in general or could have something like Aspergers hence the constant texts, not picking up that you're not interested etc.

he's probs mental!
:lolwut:
Everyday? you need be straight with him, tell him you only see him as a friend, nothing more...
joey11223
Hey Babe, how are ya haha? You doin anythin or just alone now on computer?

:biggrin:

hahaha, funny!!!
Reply 37
Do you actually know him in the first place?
Reply 38
Asha5692
Do you actually know him in the first place?

yes
Say you'll meet up with him then don't bother turning up. That should show the mofo the message.

Latest

Trending

Trending