The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You don't put UMS marks. You put grades.

You can ask your referee to include the marks in your reference, but you may find that by doing this something else has to be left out.
I got told that when your references are attached your ums scores are also attatched to your submission. I got some good UMS scores at As so wanted them to be seen on my UCAS form toooo

All Edexcel
AS Chem - 296
AS Phys - 287
AS Bio - 276
A2 Maths - 179/200 - 1 off A* ! devastated, and school lost my remark form !
Juno
You don't put UMS marks. You put grades.

You can ask your referee to include the marks in your reference, but you may find that by doing this something else has to be left out.

can't you put UMS scores in the "other" grades box?
Reply 4
TimmonaPortella
can't you put UMS scores in the "other" grades box?

No, you're not allowed to. You could if you really wanted but you wouldn't impress unis. You'd just show them that you don't know how to read and follow instructions.
Juno
No, you're not allowed to. You could if you really wanted but you wouldn't impress unis. You'd just show them that you don't know how to read and follow instructions.

right, ok, thanks.
saved me from doing something stupid there :o:
Reply 6
TimmonaPortella
Ok, i'm predicted 4 A*s. I averaged out at 92 UMS over the 4 subjects (details in sig).
I'm thinking of applying to LSE/UCL (Law). Would it be advantageous to put down my UMS marks? I'm worried that they would presume higher UMS than that for A* predictions, so I may damage myself by putting them down. On the other hand, they might think I just got low As and had generous teachers....

advice? :p:

You could put it in your personal statement or your referee can put it in but other than that you can't anyway.
I don't think that they'd assume that you got low As and your school was being generous with the *s because your school has to be realistic! You've got As in all your mods anyway...I got some Bs and are predicted A*s!
Reply 7
Juno

:eek:

We did our UCAS applications as a class and were told to put in our UMS marks in the Other box. I feel like I've just had a bucket of cold water poured over me. :frown:
TimmonaPortella
Ok, i'm predicted 4 A*s. I averaged out at 92 UMS over the 4 subjects (details in sig).
I'm thinking of applying to LSE/UCL (Law). Would it be advantageous to put down my UMS marks? I'm worried that they would presume higher UMS than that for A* predictions, so I may damage myself by putting them down. On the other hand, they might think I just got low As and had generous teachers....

advice? :p:

How the hell did you get such a good grade in unit 2 law? i ran out of time and ended up with a D :frown: I'm resitting the exam though, please give me some tips on how to get an A :rolleyes:
pinda.college
How the hell did you get such a good grade in unit 2 law? i ran out of time and ended up with a D :frown: I'm resitting the exam though, please give me some tips on how to get an A :rolleyes:

I'm awesome is how :colonhash:

seriously though, genuine advice:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
TimmonaPortella
I'm awesome is how :colonhash:

seriously though, genuine advice:

Spoiler

Thank you:p: very helpful tips.
Congratulations!

Are you doing murder, manslaughter etc now?
pinda.college
Thank you:p: very helpful tips.
Congratulations!

Are you doing murder, manslaughter etc now?

I thought it was Cambridge or Raleigh?
?!master?!mini?!
I thought it was Cambridge or Raleigh?

bottled it. decided an LSE/ UCL offer would draw me from my exped :p:
still not choosing "backup" uni's this year though :colonhash:
Reply 13
Leto

We did our UCAS applications as a class and were told to put in our UMS marks in the Other box. I feel like I've just had a bucket of cold water poured over me. :frown:
Oh dear. Unfortunately UCAS stated in its guidance to UCAS Advisers in schools/colleges last year that they cannot process UMS scores, only unit grades. I'll make enquiries as to whether that's changed and update my thread accordingly if it has.
TimmonaPortella
bottled it. decided an LSE/ UCL offer would draw me from my exped :p:
still not choosing "backup" uni's this year though :colonhash:

haha ok!
Reply 15
Minerva
Oh dear. Unfortunately UCAS stated in its guidance to UCAS Advisers in schools/colleges last year that they cannot process UMS scores, only unit grades. I'll make enquiries as to whether that's changed and update my thread accordingly if it has.

This might seem a little dense of me but what does that mean? My application isn't processed properly? :eek: Or they just won't see anything for my units?

edit: I applied less than a fortnight ago if that means I can still resolve it?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
Leto
This might seem a little dense of me but what does that mean? My application isn't processed properly? Or they just won't see anything for my units?

edit: I applied less than a fortnight ago if that means I can still resolve it?
It just means the unis won't see them. If your application really has already gone in (ie not just to the school) and you've had your welcome letter etc all is well in terms of your application being forwarded on to unis.
Reply 17
Minerva
It just means the unis won't see them. If your application really has already gone in (ie not just to the school) and you've had your welcome letter etc all is well in terms of your application being forwarded on to unis.

Oh, how absolutely awful! :frown: I guess I'll just have to hope it won't disadvantage my application too much. Thanks for your help though.
Juno

You DO out UMS marks!!!! They go in the module marks/grade bit.
Reply 19
lozzyhickers
You DO out UMS marks!!!! They go in the module marks/grade bit.

Unfortunately, as everyone else has shown, you're wrong.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending