The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
SatanIsAwesome
Feel like losing your money??

Honestly I'd trust atleast 5 of my friends to save my life, even if they had to risk their own, and i'd do the same for them.

I know some people will obsessively die for someone else (sounds too cliché for my liking though) But, when it comes down to crunch time, who knows what happens? A close friend who claim they'll die for you chickens out and saves their own butt. Perhaps, someone who you never knew that cared so much for you actually saved you? I'm just saying, it's best not to find out and in my opinion, being that obsessed with someone to die for them is unhealthy regardless of the situation unless if it was a Mother and her child or husband and wife (even then who knows!)

But, for friends it's a bit far-fetched and quite creepy. It's more than friendship then :O but who am I to judge? Still too selfless for a human but we're not all selfish. We come into this world alone and leave it alone so why should one intervene? It's good to be empathetic (like I am) but not go as far as this (but I have not been in "love" or any of the sort so I don't know) It's an intoxicating drug by the sounds of it.

P.S I wrote some utter crap of my opinions regarding this subject. Ignore!
Zara!
I know some people will obsessively die for someone else (sounds too cliché for my liking though) But, when it comes down to crunch time, who knows what happens? A close friend who claim they'll die for you chickens out and saves their own butt. Perhaps, someone who you never knew that cared so much for you actually saved you? I'm just saying, it's best not to find out and in my opinion, being that obsessed with someone to die for them is unhealthy regardless of the situation unless if it was a Mother and her child or husband and wife (even then who knows!)

But, for friends it's a bit far-fetched and quite creepy. It's more than friendship then :O but who am I to judge? Still too selfless for a human but we're not all selfish. We come into this world alone and leave it alone so why should one intervene? It's good to be empathetic (like I am) but not go as far as this (but I have not been in "love" or any of the sort so I don't know) It's an intoxicating drug by the sounds of it.

P.S I wrote some utter crap of my opinions regarding this subject. Ignore!

May I just point out that men generally treat their friends differently to women.

It's not being obsessive, it's being loyal, I don't see how that's creepy.

Also it has come down to crunch time before, atleast 3 times off the top of my head, so I have all the proof I need.
Tericon

Tbh, most people would save themselves over a friend, if people say otherwise, I'd wager they're lying.

I would hand on heart save my best friend over myself, she is closer to me than sister...and if your family needed help in a life threatening situation wouldn't you? :redface:

But anyway OP, your friends might not have taken the questionaire that seriously...and that fact that you wrote a questionaire to 'test' your friends in the first place is a bit odd, why are you so insecure about how the feel for you? Have they behaved in selfish ways before to make you like this?

I don't understand the notion of caring and being selfish personally :/ If you care about somebody that much you put themselves over you...
Maybe it is just me and my close friends we are impeccably close! lol.

xx
What the hell, why would you even make a questionaire like that. It's such a bizarre thing to do.
Reply 24
Dude, what the... I don't even...
Time to start tapping their phonecalls.
Reply 26
BlastOff
No such thing as an altruistic act, humans only want the best for themselves

Not true at all. I would put my immediate family and love over myself anyday and thats not what I think, I know it. You have to love someone incredibly bad to do that though and I dont know anyone who loves their friends that much.

Edit: On second thought the act of saving my family and love is a completely selfish act as I would be doing it because I couldn’t live without them so yes you may be in fact right.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
So let me get this straight, you just randomly decided to design a questionnaire in order to "find out how devoted to you you're friends are"? That's really weird, doing things like that would explain why they saved themselves in this hypothetical situation!

Latest

Trending

Trending