The Student Room Group

'YOU'RE UGLY WHY DO YOU EVEN BOTHER WEARING MAKE -UP'l?

That is what some guy said to my little sis.
Most (90%) of people think she's absolutely gorgeous and she always gets nice compliments from random strangers (female and male) when we're out. However, she has really low self confidence thanks to some bullying in year 7 and now she is very insecure.Today, this guy in her class said to her :'YOU'RE UGLY WHY DO YOU EVEN BOTHER WEARING MAKE -UP'l?' and why do you wear make up, you're still gonna be ugly though. who are you trying to impress; you're not even impressing me'

What should i say that may help her with her confidence?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone?
What does he know about who you are and what beauty is? I think you look fine. Horrible people exist in this world who are bitter and deranged, and you shouldn't let them hurt you in this way. <- I'd say that to my little sister.

What a horrible, horrible thing to say to someone.
That's a hard one. If I was her my confidence would be permanently trashed. Probably best to take her under your wing for a night and then take her out. When she's getting so much attention from guys and compliments just make sure she's noticing them and hopefully she'll see that guy was just being a dick.

Ps. You're a nice older sister :smile:
Reply 4
Get her fit a boyfriend.....?
Tell her that one persons opinion should be of no interest to her, especially given that the person is probably just saying these things to try and feel better about themselves.
You need to tell her that that guy was completely out of order. What a loser. Tell her that the guy is probably insecure and/or fancies her. Some people can act very oddly around someone they fancy, especially when they are convinced that that person (in this case, your sister) is way out of their league. I guess it's like a defence mechanism.
Anyway, there is hardly anyone who is deemed gorgeous by absolutely everyone. 90%... I think that's rather good! And I'm sure your sister was never unattractive in the first place, but everyone goes through that awkward phase in their early teens. Even the most beautiful people had bad haircuts, dodgy teeth, acne... you get my drift. I think most people need a few years to really grow into their looks and get comfortable in their own skin. I'm sure that there is not a single person on this earth who has not been called ugly at one point or another as well. It's easy to dismiss the compliments and fixate on the insults, but she needs to get this into perspective by realising that she must have been complimented so much more than she has been insulted.

I also want to add that when people are young, they often have a very narrow idea of what is attractive. When people grow up a bit they realise that lots of different things can be very attractive.
(edited 13 years ago)
are you a boy or a girl, if you're a boy i say you beat the **** out of the little prick, if you're a girl just say what the other people are suggesting.
Reply 8
That is a pretty awesome insult tbh.
There are some very jealous, bitter and cruel people out there.

If men think she's attractive then its obvious that guy is just being a dick. Hopefully your sister can realise that. People say I'm ugly and I couldn't give a ****.
Reply 10
uh.. out-dick him and beat him up
Reply 11
sponge man
are you a boy or a girl, if you're a boy i say you beat the **** out of the little prick, if you're a girl just say what the other people are suggesting.

Actually, if she's a girl then I suggest she also beats the **** out of the little prick.
Aconite
Actually, if she's a girl then I suggest she also beats the **** out of the little prick.

unless she's alot older than the boy, or this is some really weak boy, then i would'nt advise it
(edited 13 years ago)
"................it's the inside that counts hunni bun"
Reply 14
sponge man
unless she's alot older than the boy, or this is some really weak boy, then i would'nt advise it

Look, even if he's a large lad, if she unexpectedly kicks him in the knackers, he won't forget about it in a hurry.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Wait, are you her brother or sister? And how old is she :colondollar:?
She shouldn't be wearing make-up at a young age anyway.
Aconite
Look, even if he's a large lad, if she unexpectedly kicks him in the knackers, he won't forget about it in a hurry.

lol, im just going on experience, when i was in primary school some kid was getting bullied so called his older sister, although she was three years older than him it didnt end well for her or the bullied kid..........untill the kids scary ass dad came up.
(edited 13 years ago)
Anonymous
That is what some guy said to my little sis.
Most (90%) of people think she's absolutely gorgeous and she always gets nice compliments from random strangers (female and male) when we're out. However, she has really low self confidence thanks to some bullying in year 7 and now she is very insecure.Today, this guy in her class said to her :'YOU'RE UGLY WHY DO YOU EVEN BOTHER WEARING MAKE -UP'l?' and why do you wear make up, you're still gonna be ugly though. who are you trying to impress; you're not even impressing me'

What should i say that may help her with her confidence?

ultimately, the guy who said this is *a number of passionately rude words*

there would be no truth in what he said because it takes a special kind of stupidity to throw such a level of rudeness around so liberally.

make sure she knows that it's them and not her with the problem. I was bullied at school and it took a while for this to get through to me but it's so true!
How old is she? If shes in year 7 then there is absolutely NO point worrying. Shes got heaps of years in which her appearance will improve. Its tough at that age - but just wait till shes older then you can really make a judgement about her looks, until then she shouldnt need to care and should just enjoy her youth.

Latest

Trending

Trending