Turn on thread page Beta

Stretchmarks making me suicidal :'( watch

ReputationRep:
    Stretch marks are beautiful, especially when they turn that lovely silvery colour

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has stretch marks. Seriously grow up and get over it.

ReputationRep:
    Got some on my back which look like I've been attacked by a lion

ReputationRep:
    I agree that they make you depressed - i have them on my boobs, outer thighs and have them coming on my hips but seriously suicide is not the way to go about this.
    Bio oil does work - if you have a routine of putting this on 3 times a day with palmers coco butter, they start to fade away, i just bought body shops fade away stretch mark cream because im quite depressed about mine as well.
    Boys and other people wont care, unless there really shallow then i would suggest you punch them in the face. They fade with time, if you use lotions and keep a healthy diet and exercise they will go faster than you expect. I know a lot of people with them 3 people who live in my house at uni have them, stretch marks also run in the family so your genes might prevent you're skin from stretching as much as other peoples.

but seriously dont get suicidal over them, they fade and like people have said there are worse things in the world than little lines all over your body.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear they're affecting you like this. I have them too, especially on my chest, they sound similar to yours. Mine happened because fr some reason my boobs grew at the speed of light. I know what you mean about bio oil, it's expensive, boring to apply every day and i doubt it works on everyone too.

I'd recommend:
    A tan - fake or a healthy glow from the sun. It doesn't hide them really. But a tan does help your confidence, it disguises them, and i think the sun helps the stretchmarks develop. But you have to be careful not to burn them as that can be dangerous.

If you're feeling rubbish, idy your room, paint your nails, do whatever makes you feel happy and/or good about yourself. And remind yourself about the AMAZING person you are - regardless of what you think are your faults.

Don't torture yourself, accept yourself, and don't treat your amazing body with disrespect - your skin protects you from diseases, you're a healthy, intelligent and good person with freedom

Try and put things in perspective, as hard as it sometimes seems.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    OH, and they WILL fade.

Mine were red and purple and looked raw. Now they're totally skin colour, and just a bit shiny but hardly noticable. They mark your life

ReputationRep:
    Suicidal over stretchmarks? Sorry hun but you need to get a life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viridis)
    Suicidal over stretchmarks? Sorry hun but you need to get a life.
    Charming.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.