The Student Room Group

2011 medicine Lancaster

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by bluepanda123
Well Done!!!! When did u find out?? :smile:

thanks, they emailed me on the 11th, but it went straight to junk, so didn't read it till 3days later..
Reply 61
Original post by sarah1991
congrats. same as me which group you in i'm in 3. have u heard back from u're other choices?

I'm in group 1, not a clue what the the interview process is like..
have you got any ideas?

not heard from anyone yet :frown:
u?
Reply 62
Original post by YuDunno
I'm in group 1, not a clue what the the interview process is like..
have you got any ideas?

not heard from anyone yet :frown:
u?

no i have no idea on what it is like i'm in group 3. e-mailed back to confirm my place and not recieved a letter yet. i'm dreading it coz u only get 5 mins with each interviewer that is not very long to leave a lasting impression. is there only 50 places how many people do you think will be interviewed. please let me know how it goes in the morning because mine won't be until the afternoon thanks :smile:
Reply 63
did anyone have to fill a fee status form?
does anyone know how many people they interview?
Reply 65
Original post by Fudge Cream
does anyone know how many people they interview?

When I went to the open day they said that they interview 150 people. They also said they give out about 100 offers :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by jfowler6
When I went to the open day they said that they interview 150 people. They also said they give out about 100 offers :smile:

if this is correct then interviewees have approx 66% chance of an offer after interview hope it is
Reply 67
Original post by princezrrr
did anyone have to fill a fee status form?

i have not been asked to fill one in was e-mailed and given an interview waiting for the letter. what is the form about?
Reply 68
Lancaster interview 19th jan really stressed it's my only interview so need to do well
they have introduced MMI structure so there are 12 stations 5 min each
On their website it says some stations will be a mini-interview asking questions i.e why medicine. other stations involve reading a paragraph or watching a video and answering questions on it.
i am really worried now not a lot of info as they have just introduced MMI this year. what if the video/paragraph is about something I know nothing about. It is not something I can prepare for and when I'm nervous in the interview it will really put me on the spot and I don't think I will be able to think of an answer. Damn I hate interviews!!!!
Lancaster interview 19th jan really stressed it's my only interview so need to do well
they have introduced MMI structure so there are 12 stations 5 min each
On their website it says some stations will be a mini-interview asking questions i.e why medicine. other stations involve reading a paragraph or watching a video and answering questions on it.
i am really worried now not a lot of info as they have just introduced MMI this year. what if the video/paragraph is about something I know nothing about. It is not something I can prepare for and when I'm nervous in the interview it will really put me on the spot and I don't think I will be able to think of an answer. Damn I hate interviews!!!!

I have no experience of MMI but imagine there is less chance of spoiling your chances by being overcome by nerves, as you will be completely focussed on each mini interview/task as it arises, no time to break into a sweat. If you mess up one bit, you move on to something else in front of completely fresh eyes; each mini interview is a chance to shine.

Best of luck and well done for getting an interview.
Lancaster appear to have handed out interviews now for 19th Jan and the 2nd Feb. Leaving 9th Feb, 16th Feb and 23rd Feb for which applicants have not yet been invited. Does that sound right?

If they interview 150 people, then presumably they interview 30 people on each of the four MMI days. It sounds as though those days are split into groups (maybe 10 interviewees in each of 3 groups?) -- I wonder if they run these MMI groups concurrently or at different times?

If it really is 150 interviews for 100 offers that's pretty good odds. IF you get an interview of course. :smile:

Good luck to everyone with interviews.

<<crosses fingers>
Reply 71
Original post by ImWithTheBand
Lancaster appear to have handed out interviews now for 19th Jan and the 2nd Feb. Leaving 9th Feb, 16th Feb and 23rd Feb for which applicants have not yet been invited. Does that sound right?

If they interview 150 people, then presumably they interview 30 people on each of the four MMI days. It sounds as though those days are split into groups (maybe 10 interviewees in each of 3 groups?) -- I wonder if they run these MMI groups concurrently or at different times?

If it really is 150 interviews for 100 offers that's pretty good odds. IF you get an interview of course. :smile:

Good luck to everyone with interviews.

<<crosses fingers>

thank you i'm on 19th jan group 3 in the e-mail they had the following info

The sessions will run as follows:

MMI Session 1 09:00 13:30

MMI Session 2 10:10 15:15

MMI Session 3 11:10 17:00

I am guessing there are at least 10 people in each session as there are 12 different stations. interviews are runnning over 5 weeks. if there 100 offers and 150 being interviewed there is a pretty good chance of getting in but for some reason I don't believe these numbers are right as all the other universities have a much smaller ratio. I know it varies between universities but 66% chance of an offer for interviewees seems a bit high. have you not heard back from lancaster?.
:colondollar:
Reply 72
is 19th jan the first interview date how is everyone preparing?
Reply 73
is 19th jan the first interview date how is everyone preparing?

We're not :confused:
I wonder if they'll be sending any more interviews out! I really hope so!
Reply 75
Original post by YuDunno
We're not :confused:

well u shud or are you gonna flag it?! its says we will be shown a video or read a paragraph and then asked questions about it. do you not what to expect for it. have u recieved a letter to confirm your interview i've not got mine yet. :smile:
Reply 76
well u shud or are you gonna flag it?! its says we will be shown a video or read a paragraph and then asked questions about it. do you not what to expect for it. have u recieved a letter to confirm your interview i've not got mine yet. :smile:

I don't know, to be honest my first choice is Manchester, and the interview didn't go too well, but should be hearing from them some time next week, if I get an offer it will be an ABB offer therefore I won't be attending the Lancaster interview, however if I'm rejected then I will be going.

I've read a bit on the website about it being 10-12 different stations of approx 5mins each?
but that's all I know really... I think I've got one of the first dates also, so isn't really looking good. :frown:

I'm just really counting on good news from Manchester at the min, which is probably a bad idea, because I have an exam the day before and the day after my Lancaster interview, so will have no prep time left whatsoever!!

:eek: :frown::frown::frown:

oh and no I haven't received my letter yet.
(sorry about the essay)
Reply 77
Original post by YuDunno
I don't know, to be honest my first choice is Manchester, and the interview didn't go too well, but should be hearing from them some time next week, if I get an offer it will be an ABB offer therefore I won't be attending the Lancaster interview, however if I'm rejected then I will be going.

I've read a bit on the website about it being 10-12 different stations of approx 5mins each?
but that's all I know really... I think I've got one of the first dates also, so isn't really looking good. :frown:

I'm just really counting on good news from Manchester at the min, which is probably a bad idea, because I have an exam the day before and the day after my Lancaster interview, so will have no prep time left whatsoever!!

:eek: :frown::frown::frown:

oh and no I haven't received my letter yet.
(sorry about the essay)

how come ABB from manchester iz it coz u have done MAP? I did it last year as well but was unsuccessful. so this year lancaster is my first choice and so far my only interview so need to do well. i think 19th is the first date so can't really ask anyone what to expect. hopefully all will go well. good luck 4 manchester. excuse the writing can't b bvrd typing out full words going 2 bed :smile:
Reply 78
how come ABB from manchester iz it coz u have done MAP? I did it last year as well but was unsuccessful. so this year lancaster is my first choice and so far my only interview so need to do well. i think 19th is the first date so can't really ask anyone what to expect. hopefully all will go well. good luck 4 manchester. excuse the writing can't b bvrd typing out full words going 2 bed :smile:

Yeah because of MAP,
thank you!

If everything goes wrong and by some crazy miracle I manage to get an A in Chemistry I might just see you in Lancaster :wink:
Reply 79
I've heard from three of the unis I applied to and I'm just waiting to hear from Lancaster. If you have an interview, when did you hear/when is it for? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending