The Student Room Group

Official TSR Accounting and Finance Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
student finance programme is a great opportunity to uplift the education sector and it is helpful to reduce the burden of high cost fee from parent and students . Thanks for society growth step
Reply 421
Hi,

Is there any way to find out what textbooks different universities use for their accounting and finance undergraduate courses? It would be good to know the other books recommended by other uni's.

Any ideas on how to find this out? Most uni's don't have reading lists on their website.

Thanks
hi, for any accounting/finance experts out there....how do i apply Gordons Dividend Growth Model within a real company (sainsbury's) was values/figures do i need to do this?

thanks
Reply 423
HAPPY NEW YEAR for all members of the group especially to current group leader " Ice-Queen " and former group leader " Samantha " . Thhis year we will have to more organize in order to give reasonable contribution toward the group.

Best wishes for every one.
Reply 424
2012 would be made out for asian region in respect of economy and it would be helpful for industrialization to cover up the main issues
Reply 425
Micro financing is an effective tool for banks to make better liquiditiy position and whether it can be helpful to avert corporate business dimension ??
Reply 426
SBP has launched a financial literacy programme for all the small and medium stakeholders , they are trying to provide proper guidance in investment and measuring risk
Im going to be Accounting and Finance next year hopefully. I struggled at A Levels but will be willing to put more effort in at Uni. Does it get a lot harder in the first year or will it be the same in terms of difficulty levels?
Is anyone still active in this society? :P
Reply 429
So attempting to resurrect this thread, is anybody applying to Big 4 insight days/spring weeks/internships this year?
At the moment I am at the stage where I have done a BA in Accountancy, an MSc in Accounting & Financial Management, and currently studying for my CIMA as well as having worked in finance departments for far too long.

GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN.
Original post by Ice_Queen
At the moment I am at the stage where I have done a BA in Accountancy, an MSc in Accounting & Financial Management, and currently studying for my CIMA as well as having worked in finance departments for far too long.

GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN.

You don't like accounting? :eek:
Original post by Joyful_soul
You don't like accounting? :eek:

I love accounting. I've never wanted to do anything else.

That doesn't mean it's a good idea :p:

Just wondering why it isn't a good idea?
Have not really committed much to studying, so your insight may be helpful.

What is your career plan after this?

Thanks
Reply 434

What do you love about it I find it boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joyful_soul
Just wondering why it isn't a good idea?
Have not really committed much to studying, so your insight may be helpful.

What is your career plan after this?

Thanks

It's really hard work. There is a lot of training involved and it can be very boring if you aren't into it.

I've done two degrees and I am currently studying my CIMA. I would like a position as an assistant accountant (at the moment I am unemployed - I left my last role for health reasons) and then onwards from there. I love working in industry so this is where I will stay :smile:
Reply 436
I'm planning to do accounting and finance at the UK universities.

My a level subject combination are
Bio, maths, further maths, econs

Are these a good subject combination to get into lse, Warwick, Manchester?

Or should I take a level accounting because many of my friends took this subject and I feel weird when I told them i want to do accounting but i did not take this subject : (?

For those who got the offers or currently doing accounting course at lse, Manchester, Warwick or etc, can u tell me what subject did u take during a level?
Original post by cucems
I'm planning to do accounting and finance at the UK universities.

My a level subject combination are
Bio, maths, further maths, econs

Are these a good subject combination to get into lse, Warwick, Manchester?

Or should I take a level accounting because many of my friends took this subject and I feel weird when I told them i want to do accounting but i did not take this subject : (?

For those who got the offers or currently doing accounting course at lse, Manchester, Warwick or etc, can u tell me what subject did u take during a level?

They should be absolutely fine. The Unis only care for the if your subjects involve maths and, more importantly, the grades that you receive - so focus on studying hard to do your best!
Reply 438
Does anyone have edexcel a level unit 1 January 2002 mark scheme????
so i have pretty much messed up most of my Jan exams in my final year of a BSc in Accounting and Finance, and realistically will come out with a 2:2 :s-smilie: am i pretty much doomed now when it comes to applying for accounting grad schemes out there? can only seem to find very very few places that dont require a 2:1 :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending