The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

nottingham students - will i be disappointed that i just rejected manchester?

nottingham gave me a BBC offer for computer science within a week and after further research and analysis i had my heart set out to it :biggrin:

i had an interview at manchester today which i didn't attend. it was costing me £150 to get there and back to london and i was feeling way too lazy to prepare for an interview and get my ass on a train at 6 in the morning (the £150 would not get refunded either).

so, will I be disappointed that I just rejected a top uni? i've got offers from loughborough and surrey too (still waiting for kings). how's the student life in nott and how does it compare with manchester in terms of reputation? from what i know, they're kinda on the same level, but i may be illformed.

ty
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

yes please fill us in with the student life in notts, ive applied too and might be going there :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by I-love-life
yes please fill us in with the student life in notts, ive applied too and might be going there :smile:
what course? :eek:
Original post by ucasisannoying
what course? :eek:

Biochem
Reply 4
Original post by I-love-life
Biochem
EDIT: just realised i'm on 11 warning points, nvm
(edited 13 years ago)
whats your brah size?

lol why don't u ask ur vid mate he knows
Reply 6
Visit Nottingham and you won't regret a thing.
I rejected Manchester last year but still these things are rather subjective.
Reply 7
Nottingham is a great uni, both in terms of reputation and student life, plus you have the amazing campus.

I missed my grades for warwick and notts was my insurance, and i am so glad now that i ended up at notts. Its an amazing city to live in, there is so much going on, yet the uni is just far enough out of the city to be made up of acres and acres of beautiful parkland.

Seriously, you won't regret it!

Any other questions let me know!
Reply 8
£150 from Manchester to London? o.O By train it's little less than £40 for me. Anyway I had offers last year from Manchester and Nottingham and they were the two which gave me the most trouble deciding over. It's all relative. I won't be able to tell you if you missed an opportunity because I never knew what Nottingham was like. (Why am I posting here then....?) :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
nottingham gave me a BBC offer for computer science within a week and after further research and analysis i had my heart set out to it :biggrin:

i had an interview at manchester today which i didn't attend. it was costing me £150 to get there and back to london and i was feeling way too lazy to prepare for an interview and get my ass on a train at 6 in the morning (the £150 would not get refunded either).

so, will I be disappointed that I just rejected a top uni? i've got offers from loughborough and surrey too (still waiting for kings). how's the student life in nott and how does it compare with manchester in terms of reputation? from what i know, they're kinda on the same level, but i may be illformed.

ty

What your apply for Bsc or Msci?
Original post by MylesXD
What your apply for Bsc or Msci?
BSc but i'm looking to transfer to MSci (need to e-mail them)
Reply 11
BSc but i'm looking to transfer to MSci (need to e-mail them)

:eek: so far everyone who has appied for nottingham has had offer, even people who appied for msci :smile: got BBC offer.

What other uni's did you apply for
Original post by MylesXD
:eek: so far everyone who has appied for nottingham has had offer, even people who appied for msci :smile: got BBC offer.

What other uni's did you apply for
kings, surrey, loughborough and manchester (offers from surrey, nott and loughborough and withdrew my manchester application cause i cba to go to their interview)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
kings, surrey, loughborough and manchester (offers from surrey, nott and loughborough and withdrew my manchester application cause i cba to go to their interview)

:redface: everyone's applying for kings, which course did you apply for? :smile:
Original post by MylesXD
:redface: everyone's applying for kings, which course did you apply for? :smile:
read the first sentence of my thread lol
Reply 15
read the first sentence of my thread lol

sorry, but their is like 4 different course at kings so that's why i asked :smile:
will I be disappointed that I just rejected a top uni?

no offense, but manchester isn't a top uni...
I've applied to Nottingham for Biochem so am interested in the replies.
Reply 18
Original post by moonlight_freakout
no offense, but manchester isn't a top uni...

It is for CS, which is what OP is applying for.
Reply 19
Reading this post is making me consider Nottingham. I still wanna check out the campus in feb and that. I just applied to nottingham because it sounded quite prestigious i didnt actually think i stood a chance of getting an offer which I did Lol. So my friend and I are going in Feb to see what the campus is like. It sounds really fun and I wanna get out of London for a bit too and go somewhere different and really have the time of my life :biggrin:

And it is true everyone that has applied has gotten an Offer LOL seems like they are being well generous this year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending