The Student Room Group

How long into a relationship before it gets physical?

When do you think is the right time in a relationship to start having sex? I know it depends on the person you are with & every relationship is different but...do you wait at least 2 weeks? Or is that too soon?

Let me know what you think! :smile:
Reply 1
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Whenever you're ready!
Reply 3
Normally once cash is handed over.
~2.5 hours give or take
Reply 5
It really can be any time as long as your both comfortable.
Its also quite common that strong relationships have developed after sex before relationships. so its all just a matter of the individuals.
I usually wait until I've said 'hello' before I sleep with a girl.
Reply 7
probably after the first date for most people
Reply 8
Original post by Charlottelisabeth
When do you think is the right time in a relationship to start having sex? I know it depends on the person you are with & every relationship is different but...do you wait at least 2 weeks? Or is that too soon?

Let me know what you think! :smile:

I suppose you can consider yourself to be in a relationship even though you’re not having sex. Hell I’m in relationships with several people that I don’t even like, there’re just not a good ones.

While they’re many posters in this forum that would consider having a platonic bf/gf to signify that they are in a ‘relationship’, I suspect that would not meet the definition of being in a ‘relationship’ to the majority of those over age eighteen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending