The Student Room Group

reference has basically bailed on me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hypocriticaljap
You mean like middle aged teachers?
LOL

Yeh, the majority of my teachers are on FB.

Only the really old ones aren't.
Reply 21
FAIL

If everyone is given equal consideration how come offers go out before all applications are in?

As I mentioned before, universities have a set amount of places to give out before the deadline for people that are definitely going to get offers anyway. People who are borderline are kept waiting until after the deadline - that's why you get threads moaning about people who've already got offers for their course, when they've heard nothing. Its quite simple really, I don't quite understand why you won't believe me.

Your analysis was correct when unis could give out more offers than places and get the extra places funded. Now they are severely fined for going over their allocated quota.
You say
people would realise from previous years that people applying closer to the deadline didn't get offers, and literally everyone would have their application in during September or something. This doesn't happen does it?

Given your stupidly extreme example I don't know. But whether there are fewer offers after the deadline I don't know. And you know what, neither do you. Have you ever analysed UCAS data? I don't think so and anecdotal evidence is no evidence.
Stop misinforming people that delaying applying doesn't matter. It obviously does.

It isn't a stupidly extreme example. If universities gave out fewer offers as time drew closer to the deadline I can assure you this would be big news since people would have evidence that getting your application in later reduced the chances of getting offers. In reality, does this happen? No! You don't need to analyse any form of data to get to grips with this since the facts stand that people who do apply the other side of Christmas (for example), don't end up without offers, and if this was the case people wouldn't even bother applying at that late a date.

Not trying to be an ahole, but where is your evidence to suggest that you're right and I am wrong? Where are the facts and figures that suggest applying later = fewer/no offers? It doesn't exist... I wonder why.
Reply 22
people the course im applying for is Architecture they don't give out offers before the deadline at the uni's im applying for im sure of it.
If it were me, I'd search on facebook for someone who might be able to get hold of her! Lots of teachers have it.
Reply 24
Try the phonebook
Reply 25
Original post by mike9999
Try the phonebook

tried it:frown:
Reply 26
How about you google her? That's how I found my teachers email.
Reply 27
Original post by Torrchy
How about you google her? That's how I found my teachers email.

I googled her and the school website came up. It has a list of all the teachers name's, but thats it.

The only email address on the website is the headteachers, so I've just sent him/her an email explaining the situation. I fear the email address is a work only one though, and the headteacher won't read it until they are back at the school. Worth a shot though:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending