The Student Room Group

my life is seeming more pointless by the day and im not too sure what to do anymore

I have no family. Hardly any friends. Never had a boyfriend and I find it hard building relationships with people.

I'm on my own most of the time which i don't mind too much i just spent xmas alone and im bored with nothing to do

The thing is i was socially retarded when i was younger, never mixed in with people when they were doing all the teenage stuff. I was quiet and shy had low self esteem and those traits have stuck with me now im in my twenties.

Btw i'm not an ugly person (don't know why this would matter) but physically im pretty normal.

I've been trying since I've been in uni to break out of this, join groups, go out but still i havent improved at all socially i really don't know what to do now

I'm finishing uni, don't know what to do, where to go, who to talk too .........nothing

is there anyone like this ? dont know why i'm writing this just needed to get it out .....
(edited 13 years ago)
Yes, although I'm lucky that I have pretty good parents. Not the best, but great nonetheless.

Everyone feels like this from time to time. You know; those slumps where you just don't see the point, where you don't feel like getting up in the morning or going to sleep at night. Like you're trying to fill a hole, somewhere, deep within you.

You need to get some hobbies, some interests - something that'll distract you from the mendacity that is everyday life. Be it sport, games, movies, reading, or even stamp collecting - what you need to learn to do is create your own bubble so that nothing can touch you while you're within it. Something so impenetrable that no amount of gutless name calling or depressing conversation could ever get to you.

For me, personally, it's my room. I am totally at one with myself in my room (lol innunendo) and strangely, there's a strange calm about the sound that my computer makes to disturb the silence. I'd pick a nice metaphor out of this but I think I'm probably nerding out. People may call me a nerd, but where others mock me for it, I use it to make me stronger.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending