The Student Room Group

Starting Cerazette - 2 or 7 days?

Hey all :smile: my doctor recently switched me from the combined pill (Yasmin) to Cerazette, the progestogen only version. I started taking it just after my pill-free week, and was told to use extra protection for 7 days. However, on looking at the leaflet, it seems you only need to take it for 2 days for it to become effective, and the FPA and patient info websites (which claim to be the most up to date info) seem to agree with this.

It's not a major issue; I've just had some sensitivity to condoms in the past, so it would be convenient if it's 2 rather than 7! Does anyone know the official line on this? My doctor said 7, and I know that always was the case with the combined pill, but perhaps it's different with the POP. Thanks for any help!
Cerazette is a weird pill (I'm on it myself) and seems to be completely opposite to most other progestogen-only pills. I believe when I started taking it I took my doctors advice and took extra precautions for seven days simply because I was worried about pregnancy. The FPA are the best people to consult with about contraception and if they are advising two days of extra precautions then they must be right.
Reply 2
I would wait 7 days just to be safe, 5 days are nothing compared to 18+ years.

Quick Reply

Latest