The Student Room Group

Coaching awards on UCAS application

Little stuck on the UCAS online application process. I'm currently submitting the qualifications I have onto my account under the 'education' tab. Last year I completed Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football and I am also a Level 7 qualified Referee. The FA (Football Association) is the examining body for both of these qualifications. I was just wondering if anyone knew of an 'official' way these should be added to my online UCAS application other than me simply selecting 'Other' as qualification type. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.
Reply 1
Are you applying for a sport's related degree? I don't know, I'm a qualified ECB cricket coach, but I'm applying for Biomedical Science, so it's pretty irrelevant to anything. You're the first person I've heard of trying to put sporting qualifications down in UCAS.

I mentioned my cricketing life in my personal statement but as far as I'm aware the qualifications page is solely used to judge you in terms of UCAS points and academic merits, of which being a referee contributes to neither.
Reply 2
Iscariot
Are you applying for a sport's related degree? I don't know, I'm a qualified ECB cricket coach, but I'm applying for Biomedical Science, so it's pretty irrelevant to anything. You're the first person I've heard of trying to put sporting qualifications down in UCAS.

I mentioned my cricketing life in my personal statement but as far as I'm aware the qualifications page is solely used to judge you in terms of UCAS points and academic merits, of which being a referee contributes to neither.

I'm hoping to do a Maths degree, so the coaching and refering are totally irrelevant. The reason I'm keen to add them, particuarly the coaching award is that I only did 3 AS levels in my first year at college, unlike the majority who do 4. This was because I'm part of the Football Academy therefore couldn't fit a fourth subject in and part of this course was to complete my Level 2 coaching qualification.

Anyway just let me know what you think...cheers.
Reply 3
I don't think you should add non-academic qualifications as part of your education record. Instead, mention your coaching/refereeing abilities in your personal statement.
Reply 4
Just mention it in your Personal Statement
Reply 5
Well we were told to mention any high level extra curricular qualification on our UCAS form, for example I added Silver DofE which there was even a special code for and another friend put down her grade 8 and diploma in piano, which also had a section on the form somewhere IIRC, does it not say anywhere for extra qualifications at all this year? It does depend on what type of qualification though, whilst it is definately something worth mentioning somewhere it might be better going in your personal statement. Ask your tutors what they think about it though.
Reply 6
Ask your tutor for advice. If they should go on, then they'll need to go as "other" as I would imagine they're not that common.
Reply 7
I put my instrument grades down because I was applying for music...lol..but awards like the Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Award that I won..I put that in my PS

Latest

Trending

Trending