The Student Room Group

Ucas application- grades

Hey guys I’m doing my ucas application for 2024 but I already received my results in 2023 because I took a gap year . I did two applied subjects so I got qualifications in both years, do I only put my 2nd year qualifications down because they were my final grade or do I do both.
I think if the qualifications are separate then you should list them separately, but if you recieved an overall grade for the two years combined then you should list that.

Sorry, I know this is not too helpful.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
You must list all of your qualifications.
If you have two certificates from this qualification, you must list both on your UCAS application.
Reply 3
I asked my careers advisor at my college and she just said to put the year 2 overall grade
Original post by Kiki_3
I asked my careers advisor at my college and she just said to put the year 2 overall grade

But did you receive a single qualification/award for each subject, or two?
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
But did you receive a single qualification/award for each subject, or two?

So I did applied criminology and law and I got an overall grade of the year and then in second year I got an overall grade that combined my first year grade aswell .
Original post by Kiki_3
So I did applied criminology and law and I got an overall grade of the year and then in second year I got an overall grade that combined my first year grade aswell .

If it's this qualification, then you should get a single overall letter grade.

I think where the confusion is arising is that can be split into an Applied Certificate (out of 200 marks) and an Applied Diploma (out of 400 marks). A bit like an old AS and A-Level.

If you actually received a Applied Certificate award then you need to list it, but you might just have been given an indicative grade at that point, IE. what you would have received if you'd cashed it in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending