The Student Room Group

Tutoring

I've always been pretty good in school, well, OK, I'm in NAGTY and got 5A*s, 6As and 1 B at GCSE. I'm now 16 and studying Law, French, English language and Maths at college.

I'm always helping people I barely know in class at college, and they usually understand it once I've explained it to them.

And I'm strapped for cash, so I thought the solution to my problems was to tutor people in our college as I go.

Is it a good or bad idea to start tutoring people?
Does anyone know of any legal issues involved, or anything else I'd need to know?
How much do you guys think I should charge?

<3 thanks guys :biggrin:
Reply 1
I don't think you can realistically charge people. I don't think people would pay it - plus you'll get a reputation for being a stingy bastard.
Reply 2
Especially people your own age, I know if someone my age or younger offered to charge me for help I'd tell them right where to go, even if they were good enough.
U know, I did it, I was tutorial with a girl age 9 with her English. I lived in Russia and I got money for that, little but still money. A friend of mine told me tha there is a girl who need help in English, so i helped her. Then you should put advert, i am sure there would be people whod probably need help especially if they are going to have any exams. Maths help could be needed. or English langueage for foreigners... If you have more questions PM me.
oh and another thing I dont knwo how it helps in Uk, if u need any legal issues involved or smth else, I think you could post adv and you will see, or ost adv in your school =) just try, try doesnt cost anth!!!!
I sort of considered this once...I mean the amount I spend replying to people's texts alone concerning French! In year 11, i pretty much tutored a group of about 4 people and they ended up with As. I feel so used :eek:
Most parents (who are the ones who will pay) generally want someone with a bit more of an academic pedigree than you have (i.e. a degree at least). Saying that it's worth giving it a shot.
Reply 6
why not?....you should charge if they get to understand what you've tought them....

Latest

Trending

Trending