The Student Room Group

private tutor as referee for ucas?

I'm applying independently for music courses and since I left sixth form a few years ago I don't have anyone to ask, especially considering that I didn't do music as an A level. I do have a private music tutor who I could ask but there is a section that says "organisation" how would I fill that in? and is it appropriate for my tutor to give me a reference?
Original post by kkaaaaa
I'm applying independently for music courses and since I left sixth form a few years ago I don't have anyone to ask, especially considering that I didn't do music as an A level. I do have a private music tutor who I could ask but there is a section that says "organisation" how would I fill that in? and is it appropriate for my tutor to give me a reference?

You said on your other thread that you were self-taught and didn't have a music teacher / tutor. :confused:

In the circumstances you've described above (and on your other thread), using your tutor as a reference would be fine.

With regards to what to supply for "organisation", you may find that they have setup a company for tax purposes (e.g. ABC Music Tutoring Ltd). Check with whoever pays them (your parents?). If not, then you could just enter "(private tutor)".
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You said on your other thread that you were self-taught and didn't have a music teacher / tutor. :confused:

In the circumstances you've described above (and on your other thread), using your tutor as a reference would be fine.

With regards to what to supply for "organisation", you may find that they have setup a company for tax purposes (e.g. ABC Music Tutoring Ltd). Check with whoever pays them (your parents?). If not, then you could just enter "(private tutor)".

Yes I am self taught but just with guitar 🙂 he’s a music tutor who I’m currently planning to have lessons with to improve my piano ability so by the time I send off my application he should have some knowledge of my overall skills, would that be okay to do?

Thank you for all the advice!
Original post by kkaaaaa
Yes I am self taught but just with guitar 🙂 he’s a music tutor who I’m currently planning to have lessons with to improve my piano ability so by the time I send off my application he should have some knowledge of my overall skills, would that be okay to do?

Thank you for all the advice!

Yes. That'd be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending