The Student Room Group

Help for an independant applicant to university

hi there, i am in some real need of help. let me start from the beginning,

basically i was accepted and enrolled into london southbank university (LSBU) but i wasnt able to attend due to family reasons which caused me to have to move to birmingham to help with the family business. when i reurned to london ( my home since birth) i had recieved a letter stating i had been withdrawn from the uni. i have emailed my head of course and he has said i have to re apply from scratch.

Now heres my problem, as i dont attend a college or sixth form how do i apply to lsbu again, i have tried logging into my old ucas account but i cant use it again to apply PLEASE can somebody help me about what i should do now

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Reply 1
Original post by arsenallegend
hi there, i am in some real need of help. let me start from the beginning,

basically i was accepted and enrolled into london southbank university (LSBU) but i wasnt able to attend due to family reasons which caused me to have to move to birmingham to help with the family business. when i reurned to london ( my home since birth) i had recieved a letter stating i had been withdrawn from the uni. i have emailed my head of course and he has said i have to re apply from scratch.

Now heres my problem, as i dont attend a college or sixth form how do i apply to lsbu again, i have tried logging into my old ucas account but i cant use it again to apply PLEASE can somebody help me about what i should do now

THANKS IN ADVANCE
You could ask your old school/college if they'll let you apply through them and provide your reference, but their response will probably depend on how long it is since you left. If not, you can apply as an independent applicant, but will still have to find a referee, and this needs to be someone familiar with your academic work.

You don't say how long you were away for, but if this is likely to happen again I would strongly advise you to keep the uni informed - the way you've written your post it sounds as if you didn't tell them where you had gone, or why. If that's not the case, fair enough :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending