The Student Room Group

Student Finance - Independent Student

Hi all,
I am currently in the process of applying to university and wanting to work out finances. I am going to have to leave my full time job to attend uni so want to make sure finances would add up.
I under the age of 25 but have earned approximately 25k per year the last 3 years so would assume I could class myself as an independent student? Is this the case?
I do still live at home with my parents but otherwise I fully support myself financially, would this grant me to apply as an independent student?
Thanks
Original post by Bonniesummer
Hi all,
I am currently in the process of applying to university and wanting to work out finances. I am going to have to leave my full time job to attend uni so want to make sure finances would add up.
I under the age of 25 but have earned approximately 25k per year the last 3 years so would assume I could class myself as an independent student? Is this the case?
I do still live at home with my parents but otherwise I fully support myself financially, would this grant me to apply as an independent student?
Thanks

Hi Bonnie,

If you have been self sufficient for 3 years/36 months then you would be eligible to apply as an Independent Student. When completing your application you can indicate that you are an Independent Student and once the application is submitted you can upload the last 3 years of P60s you have and we can assess your application.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending