The Student Room Group

slightly freaked out by facebook stalking

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

I'm not trying to make it into a big thing. I posted it on TSR because I was bored and curious more than anything. As i said it did seem a little creepy but I'll forget about it quite quickly, unless I see her at some point.

As creepy as you "stalking" her facebook..?
Reply 41
Original post by Stray_talk
As creepy as you "stalking" her facebook..?

I looked her up indeed, I was told to though (and I didn't know her name before this). I never said being looked up was creepy, but the fact she blocked me and seems to care a lot about what happened despite the fact it's long over...

I looked her up indeed, I was told to though (and I didn't know her name before this). I never said being looked up was creepy, but the fact she blocked me and seems to care a lot about what happened despite the fact it's long over...

Imagine you'd walked in on an ex in bed with a new girlfriend, I'd not want to be reminded of that, especially if the person in question had meant a lot.
You're overcomplicating it.
Reply 43
Overcomplicating it indeed! It's not really creepy or stalkerish... Perhaps she's not over him and like a lot of people have said doesn't want to be reminded of it every time she sees your name through mutual friends, or maybe even his Facebook...

My friend left a status saying "Someone take me to see Enrique Iglesias in the summer!" and tagged Enrique's Facebook page in the post. 10 mins later she had literally 10 messages from random folk telling her that she should buy her own tickets and that she's a psycho (amongst many other insults and threats which eventually had to be reported). That's the kind of thing you should worry about...
1) You do not know her, so why does it matter?
2) You're no longer seeing the guy, so why does it matter?
3) If you'd never tried to look her up you'd never have known, so why does it matter?

See where I'm going with this? IT DOESN'T MATTER!
URGHHH. I HATE facebook threads, they annoy the **** out of me.
Reply 46
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
1) You do not know her, so why does it matter?
2) You're no longer seeing the guy, so why does it matter?
3) If you'd never tried to look her up you'd never have known, so why does it matter?

See where I'm going with this? IT DOESN'T MATTER!
URGHHH. I HATE facebook threads, they annoy the **** out of me.

If they annoy you so much, don't bother reading them.

It only matters if there's been something incriminating said about me, which is possible. Long story, but possible.
If they annoy you so much, don't bother reading them.

It only matters if there's been something incriminating said about me, which is possible. Long story, but possible.

I read this one because the title suggests something far more sinister than what is actually happening. She blocked you probably because she is/was jealous. The fact she's blocked you is proof she isn't stalking you because she can no longer see your profile.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. She does not know you and you don't know her so move on.
Reply 48
You were the person who made the outraged thread about how you slept with a guy a few times, and then he told you it couldnt go any where, and you felt it was like your total right to be ''treated better''.

Aren't you?

I cannot believe you're still obsessing over him and his ex. Get over it.
They're already pretty high, you can't actually see any of my profile, you can only search for me (I kind of have to have this enabled for one of the charity projects I help run).

Well then why do you care :s-smilie: She will have just searched you to block you, not to sit staring at your profile pic.
Oh who cares.
My suggestion: find something more important to worry about.
Reply 52
Original post by in_vogue
You were the person who made the outraged thread about how you slept with a guy a few times, and then he told you it couldnt go any where, and you felt it was like your total right to be ''treated better''.

Aren't you?

I cannot believe you're still obsessing over him and his ex. Get over it.

I'm not actually.
Reply 53
You don't know her, which means you cannot know her reasons (and neither can we).
Perhaps she finds it easier to "erase" someone from her online world, if she finds the situation awkward. She doesn't want you to see her details. Or she is tempted to look at your details, or stuff comes up about you through your mutual friend's profile, and if she blocks you, all that information is not to be seen.
Honestly though, I've blocked people before for various reasons. You have two options; forget about it or ask her. I think the natural thing to do is forget. Frankly, if a friend of a guy I once went out with figured out I'd blocked him, I wouldn't know what to say other than "well...that's the way it is".
Reply 54
Original post by *Lollo*
You don't know her, which means you cannot know her reasons (and neither can we).
Perhaps she finds it easier to "erase" someone from her online world, if she finds the situation awkward. She doesn't want you to see her details. Or she is tempted to look at your details, or stuff comes up about you through your mutual friend's profile, and if she blocks you, all that information is not to be seen.
Honestly though, I've blocked people before for various reasons. You have two options; forget about it or ask her. I think the natural thing to do is forget. Frankly, if a friend of a guy I once went out with figured out I'd blocked him, I wouldn't know what to say other than "well...that's the way it is".

I found the probable reason. It's because a rumour was spread about me having Syphilis, by her. The friend who told me did some investigating and asked the guy.

Quite funny actually, I doubt anyone believes it (mainly cos it is clearly not true :p: )

Now I see the craziness.
You (and her) need some excitement in life.
Reply 56
Original post by Stray_talk
You (and her) need some excitement in life.

I have quite an exciting life. I'm not the one spreading rumours about syphilis. However today exam revision called so I admit I've not got much to do with my time.

In fairness, you're reading the replies and posting on this thread. Your day can't be much more exciting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending