The Student Room Group

If your partner had a one night stand, would you dump them or forgive them?

Scroll to see replies

If I knew they had a one night stand, I'd dump them immediately. No chance for forgiveness. If you forgive someone after such a serious slight against your relationship, they essentially own you. They own you in the sense that even the most heinous acts of infidelity will be forgiven, and in their mind (since they had the stones to cheat in the first place), will easily think they can escape justice once more.

I'd actually get my revenge first, though that's another story and another thread. :wink:

EDIT: To the people who are spouting twaddle like 'Only if they had a really good reason'; are you ****ing insane? What reason could you possibly have for cheating all the way with someone? Keep in mind we presumably have empirical and/or eyewitness evidence that it happened in the first place. Cheating doesn't happen accidentally. You actively choose to hurt your significant other, whether that be a minor sexual act, or a full on romp between the sheets.
(edited 13 years ago)
Dumped!! If you let someone of once you might as well give them a pass to do it again and again! :P
Reply 42
[QUOTE='[Shadowplay];30556649']I'd dump.

Same.
Reply 43
Original post by Boo!xx

Original post by Boo!xx
dump, unless he had a really good reason

And what would be a really good reason??
Reply 44
Original post by gobananas

THIS.... I'd really like to know what is a really good reason for infidelity.
Reply 45
I dumped. D:

One night stand with his friend. Now that hurts...

I need to stop emailing back :handface:
Reply 46
Original post by gobananas

I dunno, if say he got pressured into it for like work or something, and I knew that he would never ever do it again.. hell its a far out shot, but it could happen
Original post by Ethereal
Why is a ONS different to continued cheating?

a ONS is a single one off event that involves more sex than anything else,

an affair on the other hand is seen as a double betrayal, your not just sleeping with them but you have emotional feelings for them as well.

And i would dump, because id never be able to trust them again
I want to say I'd try and talk through it. And, as it's long distance, it might be possible to really really slowly build back up what we had before hand. Honestly, though, even though I trust him 100% atm, I still get paranoid he'll find someone better and closer to him - so having some evidence that he had would be the end. :frown:

This is a cheery topic for the morning :tongue: I feel sad now, so I shall post smileys :smile:

:bl::elefant::hat:
Dump.

No second chances!
dump.
Reply 51
Leave her in a second.

Shows she can't be trusted
Reply 52
I won't be able to trust nor respect him after that so he can jog on. It'll take A LOT of effort to try and even get me to reconsider and even then it's very unlikely I'll take him back.
Desperadoes and doormats say yes. Those sorts of people deserve to be cheated on. I myself have self respect and know myself worth, so would always dump, with no second chances
Dump, if they do it once they'll probably do it again.
Original post by Boo!xx
I dunno, if say he got pressured into it for like work or something, and I knew that he would never ever do it again.. hell its a far out shot, but it could happen

LOL me and the lads have names for girlfirneds like you...

you're called doormats

Anyone that forgives their partner for cheating, deserves to be cheated on tbh.

*awaits neg rep from girls with low self esteem and abusive partners*
Original post by mikeylfc1989
I can't imagine any situation were I would forgive.

Are you an idiot? :confused:

No, you?
Reply 57
Original post by Elf.
I dumped. D:

One night stand with his friend. Now that hurts...

I need to stop emailing back :handface:

Was it a female?
Unless they had been drugged, I'd dump them. I just couldn't trust them anymore which would be both unfair on them and me.
Original post by freakingout!
LOL me and the lads have names for girlfirneds like you...

you're called doormats

Anyone that forgives their partner for cheating, deserves to be cheated on tbh.

*awaits neg rep from girls with low self esteem and abusive partners*

I agree with you, although you could put it a little more gently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending