The Student Room Group

Chances of getting on your course but failing to meet conditional offer?

with the final exams of the year in 3 months and my last attempt to get the grades for a conditional place at university. Not doubting my own ability but say i were to slip 1 grade off the conditional offer - not what are the chances of getting in but has anyone got any stories or something of people getting in without matching the offer?
Reply 1
It'll differ from uni to uni. If you're only off by one grade, you should ring up the uni and check to see whether they'll still take you- some will, some won't :smile:

Praying mine will! :P

Oh yeah, my friend's offer was CCC, and she got CCD and still got in to Bishop Grosseteste.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Haki
with the final exams of the year in 3 months and my last attempt to get the grades for a conditional place at university. Not doubting my own ability but say i were to slip 1 grade off the conditional offer - not what are the chances of getting in but has anyone got any stories or something of people getting in without matching the offer?

As Hazular said, it differs between University and really depends on the course, the number of people who will already be on the course having met their conditions and the number of spare places. If lots of potential students have a Uni down as an insurance and all of them achieve the grades for their firm then you would expect a surplus in free spaces, however it really is so subjective, which course/Uni are you referring to?

Btw my firm for the last cycle was Sussex for Philosophy, I missed my offer by a grade and was still accepted...although I then decided on a gap year:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending