The Student Room Group

Friends with too much ego ...

kmk,
(edited 13 years ago)
The bigger the ego the better you'll feel. So join them and enjoy.
Reply 2
Original post by idontthinkso

Are you being sarcastic or do you truely mean that? :s
Reply 3
Original post by idontthinkso

This...

but know when to tone it down.
Reply 4
Original post by Threepigs
This...

but know when to tone it down.

You think being arrogant and fake is the way to go then.....
Reply 5
I would tell them to STFU and bring them down to earth. But thats me and I say it straight up.
Tbf, you have to be careful not to mix confidence with an ego. Some people are just naturally confident, naturally outgoing. Some on the other hand just do it to make themselves feel better; which I don't have a problem with.

Just ignore them, and let them carry on. I honestly don't see a problem with it.
Reply 7
Original post by Insomnia
You think being arrogant and fake is the way to go then.....

why is it fake to have self-confidence?

if that's not the type of person you are then that's fine but don't get on your high horse and dictate that all others who have more confidence than you are somehow worse people.
Reply 8
Original post by Dubstarr
I would tell them to STFU and bring them down to earth. But thats me and I say it straight up.

Dubstarr being straight up is exactly how I roll .. At uni i've learned not to be though as it has cvosted me to many friendships
Get new friends. If you can't accept them for who they are, then you need to hang around other people. They shouldn't have to change for you
Reply 10
I don't really get what you are asking, how to not be yourself whilst still being yourself? Either be yourself and consider yourself boring, or be "fake" as you call it and enjoy it. Or learn to be yourself without caring whether people find you boring or not.
Reply 11
Original post by edd360
I don't really get what you are asking, how to not be yourself whilst still being yourself? Either be yourself and consider yourself boring, or be "fake" as you call it and enjoy it. Or learn to be yourself without caring whether people find you boring or not.

You are exactly correct one of three is the difficulty in deciding which to be!! Personally i think I should just be myself and frankly not give a **** eh!
Reply 12
You are exactly correct one of three is the difficulty in deciding which to be!! Personally i think I should just be myself and frankly not give a **** eh!

Yup, the best parts of the other 2 choices combined into a third choice. Learning to truly not care is quite difficult though. You need some spiritual awaking. I suggest marijuana.
Reply 13
Dubstarr being straight up is exactly how I roll .. At uni i've learned not to be though as it has cvosted me to many friendships

**** em' I say, friend's come and go but the real ones stay with you until the end.
I was voted third biggest ego in my year 11 yearbook :awesome:

I'm very confident and proud of myself - why not show it off?

Lighten up OP and be proud of yourself too!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by ellakrystina
I was voted third biggest ego in my year 11 yearbook :awesome:

I'm very confident and proud of myself - why not show it off?

Lighten up OP and be proud of yourself too!

As easy as it might be to be successful is just as easy for that to fall back and slap you back on the face!! Despite that yeah maybe I should lighten up a little .. gd shout!! I am proud of myself but I don't boast about it ...
As easy as it might be to be successful is just as easy for that to fall back and slap you back on the face!! Despite that yeah maybe I should lighten up a little .. gd shout!! I am proud of myself but I don't boast about it ...

Ah but there's still a difference between boasting and being proud. Boasting is to purposely belittle others while being proud is well, being proud :smile:

If this arrogant person really annoys you, just tell them how you feel. And if not, beat them by telling them how much better you are at everything that makes them feel good:colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending