The Student Room Group

I'm 21 years old and still shy when it comes to approaching women, any advice?

Don't ask me why, but I still get nervous as heck of the thought of approaching attractive women. I can do it, but then when I open my mouth I stutter and suddenly I go brain dead with what to say lol. My lips start trembling and I go red with embarrassment. I am not a virgin, it's just knowing stopping myself from getting shy. How do I get over this?
Reply 1
Man up? lulwut...
Reply 2
become an alcoholic
Reply 3
im 23 my solution is lots of mdma or mushrooms cos then i tend to just not care if it goes bad =)
Some people go their whole lives being shy around women...
Nut up or shut up.
Reply 6
Original post by BoxingNo1
Don't ask me why, but I still get nervous as heck of the thought of approaching attractive women. I can do it, but then when I open my mouth I stutter and suddenly I go brain dead with what to say lol. My lips start trembling and I go red with embarrassment. I am not a virgin, it's just knowing stopping myself from getting shy. How do I get over this?

4 years time and I'll (nearly) be in the same boat.

All I know is that confidence is the key to success. Confidence I don't have...
Reply 7
Don't be embarassed! My poor brother will be 20 this year and as far as I know, he hasn't even kissed a girl. You'd be surprised at the amount of guys that are just late bloomers- of which you are not.

My advice is if you're out in a social setting- be it a club, bar, sports match, etc- drinking helps. I know approaching a guy is very much out of the question when I'm sober. Get a few drinks in you, just enough to get your confidence up enough to talk to a girl. If there's some common ground you can start a conversation on- say what's happening in the sport you're watching, or the music that's playing, start there. Be yourself, can't stress that enough. A lot of the time girls find nervousness endearing in a guy rather than a hinderance. And all you have to do is be normal and approachable so she feels at ease with you. Good luck (:
Original post by BoxingNo1

stop being so ugly, or being so poor.

either you let your pecs do the talking, or let your wallet.
Smile, start with the 4/10s, and work your way up. To Beyonce. :borat:
You sound a lot like me with difference being you're a year older than me. I can't help it,I just blush and go all red to which girls smile back at me. Is being shy cute?
Just wondering....
Reply 11
Original post by ibysaiyan
You sound a lot like me with difference being you're a year older than me. I can't help it,I just blush and go all red to which girls smile back at me. Is being shy cute?
Just wondering....

It's incredibly endearing and adorable at first, but when it comes to the point that there's a stalemate and you are too shy to ask her out, she's eventually gonna get frustrated and lose interest. That's why confident, cocky a**holes always get the girl. If they smile at you, then you're a shoe-in!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending