Turn on thread page Beta

Bad sex is better than no sex? watch

ReputationRep:
    I can put up with bad sex to begin with... it takes a few times to really get to know each others bodies and work out what works for each other, but if it doesn't improve... then I'd rather just stick with my hand/vibe
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well if it was causing me pain then I would rather not have it.

(Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    Sex is a sign of love surely, so "good" or "bad" sex shouldn't be an issue in a relationship, no?
    That's a bit naive really... as someone in a long-term relationship I can also safely say it's not the case. Not that it isn't an expression of love - it is - but whilst we don't actually have "bad" sex (as we are both, of course, awesome :yy: ) it's not true to say that it isn't sometimes better than other times.

That said, after long enough in a relationship the only possible reason for bad sex would be a criminal lack of communication. You talk, adjust, adapt and improve together and, in my experience, it only (on average) continues to get better.

That said, there are plenty of people out there who have sex for pure recreation, not for love... and that's a perfectly valid choice for a consenting adult. For them, I suppose "good vs bad sex" is a very real consideration - especially as they're probably having sex with multiple partners, and not learning about one over time.

ReputationRep:
    Bad sex is better than masturbation.

'Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    none. no question about it

ReputationRep:
    Lol at all the guys saying "Getting laid is getting laid, regardless."

And all the girls instantly saying no :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sex is meant to be enjoyable so if it's bad there's no point. Of course someone might want to brag about having had sex with someone whether it was rubbish or not

ReputationRep:
    None.

ReputationRep:
    I'm another for the no sex camp. Bad sex is just, well terrible and something to be avoided if possible!

ReputationRep:
    None. When sex is bad enough its so awkward that there's no sense of feelings or connection with the other person. Would much rather do it myself =p

ReputationRep:
    I've had bad sex and wished after that I hadn't bothered. Bad sex is worse than no sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    Would you rather be having sex with someone who isn't very good, perhaps just lies on their back and leaves you to do all the work, or is a very selfish lover, or has a small penis or a wide vagina or something, or would you rather be having absolutely no sex, just your hand and a roll of toilet paper for company?
    You're fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowHair)
    I've had bad sex and wished after that I hadn't bothered. Bad sex is worse than no sex.
    This, bad sex is just bad sex. Sex shouldn't be bad If there is no connection, I end up feeling like one of those sex dolls. It can't even be called sex then.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.