The Student Room Group

If a guy says "I love you" after like a day into your relationship, do you run?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i'd be a bit, 'oh, thats nice' :smile:. it would be abit clingy..
Reply 41
i would run a mile. People throw the word around too easily.

My ex now tells everyone he loves them after like a week, no wonder that didnt last.. But with my bf, we loved each other sure, but we weren't IN love until we'd been together a while and realised just how much.

3 years and counting, so something worked out.
Reply 42
Original post by The TSR Star.
huh???????????????/

He's implying that you should never have children in order that your genetic material never has to enter the human gene pool to prevent stupidity of such magnitude from occurring again. He believes, for the good of mankind, that the best way to do this is to ensure you continue to use contraceptives for the next thirty years while you are still highly viable for childbearing.

On topic, like another poster said earlier, he was likely screaming it at the top of his (mental) voice every time he saw you for the last nine months. I would put money that he has, more or less, put you on a glorious pedestal in his mind that you'll probably never be able to match. Life, however, is made of a series of compromises until our sense of self is lost in the midst of the maelstrom of human pettiness and disappointment. C'est la vie!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Fusilero
He's implying that you should never have children in order that your genetic material never has to enter the human gene pool to prevent stupidity of such magnitude from occurring again. He believes, for the good of mankind, that the best way to do this is to ensure you continue to use contraceptives for the next thirty years while you are still highly viable for childbearing.

On topic, like another poster said earlier, he was likely screaming it at the top of his (mental) voice every time he saw you for the last nine months. I would put money that he has, more or less, put you on a glorious pedestal in his mind that you'll probably never be able to match. Life, however, is made of a series of compromises until our sense of self is lost in the midst of the maelstrom of human pettiness and disappointment. C'est la vie!

i like you
Jesus ****! I don't even imagine what he'd do after a week...

Just swap the genders and voila. :nothing:
I was in a similar situation with my ex boyfriend. He actually professed his love before we were actually going out and incessantly whilst we were together. Well anyway, after four months he proposed to which I said I was too young to be engaged. After six months he asked me to have a baby with him (like right now) which was ridiculous as I'm 17 and in the middle of my a levels. He's 21. Tbh with you if I could go back I'd walk away..now he's quite literally stalking me. And if you don't feel as strongly for him as he does for you don't lead him on because thats what I did- I really liked him but I didn't love him and couldn't see a future with him. And now all I can feel is guilt because he is begging me back and it is tearing me apart but I know that we're bad for each other. It just hurts so much seeing him upset. Good luck :smile: xxx
if he's known you for 9 months then obviously
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
I agree completely with your definition of love, but I do still believe that it's possible to have that kind of connection after a relatively short amount of time :smile:

I think it's possible to be "in love" with someone after a week, but for me "love" takes a lot longer to develop.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending