The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Furness College Freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yellowlight
Does Furness have locked bike sheds? And is the campus generally safe for bringing a fairly expensive bike?

Yes, and if you keep it safe - sure! It's an incredibly safe campus.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 81
what's this about freshers packs?
a lass i know got two glo-sticks and a condom in hers.
i feel like i'm missing out ....
Original post by nosbornais
what's this about freshers packs?
a lass i know got two glo-sticks and a condom in hers.
i feel like i'm missing out ....

After some research, all the other colleges are having a ball on one evening, priced between £15 and £30. Fylde seems to sell a Freshers pack. It says it includes a Fylde T shirt but doesn't say anything else. I don't think we are missing out though.
Original post by Gobbocide
Cheers bro, my curiousity is sated :biggrin:.

Bro?! :redface:
Reply 84
I've seen a few people that are getting their college membership before heading to Lancaster.
How do we do this? Can't see anything on the Furness site, but I could've missed something very obvious.
Reply 85
Original post by mrhea04
I've seen a few people that are getting their college membership before heading to Lancaster.
How do we do this? Can't see anything on the Furness site, but I could've missed something very obvious.

https://online-payments.lancaster-university.co.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?modid=1&prodid=177&deptid=2&compid=1&prodvarid=0&catid=25
Reply 87
Original post by mrhea04
That's brilliant, thanks a lot :biggrin:

You're welcome :awesome:
Reply 88
Original post by DellaLouise
You're welcome :awesome:

Don't suppose you have any idea what the college code is do you?
It says it's in the welcome letter but I haven't had one with the code on :frown:
Reply 89
Original post by mrhea04
Don't suppose you have any idea what the college code is do you?
It says it's in the welcome letter but I haven't had one with the code on :frown:

I do happen to know this :lol:
It's RUFNES :h:
Reply 90
I do happen to know this :lol:
It's RUFNES :h:

Is there anything you can't do? :tongue:
Thanks again!
Reply 91
Original post by mrhea04
Is there anything you can't do? :tongue:
Thanks again!

It's just a case of knowing where to look :lol:
And I also bought my membership last week so I had to know all this :yep:
Reply 92
It's just a case of knowing where to look :lol:
And I also bought my membership last week so I had to know all this :yep:

Does anything get posted to you for buying the membership or is it all done now I've bought it?

(That's the last question, honestly :smile: )
Reply 93
Original post by mrhea04
Does anything get posted to you for buying the membership or is it all done now I've bought it?

(That's the last question, honestly :smile: )

I personally haven't received anything except an email so I think that's it :dontknow:
Reply 94
I personally haven't received anything except an email so I think that's it :dontknow:

Hopefully that means I don't have to worry about something not being posted to me then, thank you :smile:
Reply 95

Original post by mrhea04
Hopefully that means I don't have to worry about something not being posted to me then, thank you :smile:

Last year, we got a membership card in the internal mail a couple of weeks into term. (Which I stuck on my noticeboard...and never used again, no idea why they fill them all out!)
Original post by mrhea04

I got LUSU (purple) card through post but nothing for college membership
Reply 97
Original post by `Chris
Last year, we got a membership card in the internal mail a couple of weeks into term. (Which I stuck on my noticeboard...and never used again, no idea why they fill them all out!)

At least that means I don't have to worry about it!

Original post by k9markiii
I got LUSU (purple) card through post but nothing for college membership

Yeah my purple card is the only thing that's come through the post
Reply 98
the membership (bit of paper when I got mine) is basically a reciept, and the money is just for admin malarky. Purple cards should come through the post, but if not you can pick them up during freshers week...there will be posters! How many are in the ghetto!!
Reply 99
2 weeks. :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending