The Student Room Group

Have you ever been Mugged/ Attacked in the street?

Share your stories!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
inb4
everyonewhohasbeenmuggedwasbyablackperson
Reply 2
I was nearly mugged- one boy was walking in front of me and seemed a bit dodgy, and then another one ran up behind me and tried to grab my camera and bag whilst the first boy hemmed me in. I curled into a ball and screamed and luckily they ran off after a few seconds because there were some other people coming.
So yeah, I was pretty lucky there, but it was horrible!
Reply 3
One of my mates Dad was once jumped by 6 guys, not realizing he was a Jujitsu world champion. Needless to say by the end of it there were 6 people in a lot of pain.
Original post by james22
One of my mates Dad was once jumped by 6 guys, not realizing he was a Jujitsu world champion. Needless to say by the end of it there were 6 people in a lot of pain.

what, did they attack him one person at a time while the rest danced around like in those martial arts films?
When I was 14 me and my friend were walking through our town about to pass 5-6 25+ year olds when they all put there hoods up, I thought oop somethings going to happen, then I thought no nothing ever happens here. As we passed them one hit my friend with a buckfast bottle knocking out his front two teeth!

So the weekend after we rounded up all the lads but we couldnt find him. Apprantley he went to jail shortly after words for trying to rob a local store
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Boxing day 2006. walking alone to the shop, group of local lads were drunk, 2 of the lads punched me in the eye, got hit twice in an unprovoked attack.
I caught up with one of them the following day whilst with my Bro and friends in the cars, Gave him 2 black eyes, the other one got away (he hid basically)
I know, the irony as it was boxing day. I never normally resort to violence but I needed to teach these thugs a lesson, hope it spared someone else from it to
No. Some school kid got stabbed by a grown guy man week (in my area) because he wouldn't give over the game he bough. The kid is dead now. No prizes for guessing who...
Original post by james22

Knew this was coming.

"My mate has a cousin who's dog's nephew's son was jumped by twenty guys in the street. They didn't know he was a blackbelt though, and he killed all of them."

Getting jumped by 6 guys is going to end up with you injured, no matter how many blackbelts he has.
I was walking home from uni and someone pulled my earphones from my ears and casually just walked away and plugged them into his iPhone.

You could tell he'd done this before...*sigh*
Original post by Left Hand Drive
When I was 14 me and my friend were walking through our town about to pass 5-6 25+ year olds when they all put there hoods up, I thought oop somethings going to happen, then I thought no nothing ever happens here. As we passed them one hit my friend with a buckfast bottle knocking out his front two teeth!

did he get them back for christmas?
I'm 6'2 and 220 lbs of muscle. No one in their right mind would dare attack me.
Reply 12
Original post by Vulpix
I was nearly mugged- one boy was walking in front of me and seemed a bit dodgy, and then another one ran up behind me and tried to grab my camera and bag whilst the first boy hemmed me in. I curled into a ball and screamed and luckily they ran off after a few seconds because there were some other people coming.
So yeah, I was pretty lucky there, but it was horrible!

If only it was socially acceptable for guys to do this :lol:

OP: no never thankfully
Reply 13
Original post by davidcy147
I was walking home from uni and someone pulled my earphones from my ears and casually just walked away and plugged them into his iPhone.

You could tell he'd done this before...*sigh*

Lol what? So he took your earphones but not your phone/ iPod? :/

Generous Mugger? o.o
Reply 14
I stepped in to defend a male friend from 9 or 10 guys who decided to beat the sh*t out of him. He was fine.
I had to have 12 stitches in my face.
Turns out guys do hit girls.

Don't see why this deserves a neg.
I didn't get beaten up on purpose.
(edited 12 years ago)
Me and a friend got 'mugged' outside a Tesco Express shop... they took the tesco value chocolate we had just bought, and put a knife to my friend's neck.. ooh.
No, but, strangely enough, I'd love to be. I just want to see how I'd react.

Original post by Sophie1805
Me and a friend got 'mugged' outside a Tesco Express shop... they took the tesco value chocolate we had just bought, and put a knife to my friend's neck.. ooh.

Jamie xx avatar?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Not me no but have been a witness to a mugging!. An Asian lady had a gold necklace ripped from her neck, she screamed and hit the guy in the face, he then ran off.Poor woman was frightened to death and her English wasnt that good.I phoned the police for her and stayed with her until they arrived.

Original post by Zuki
Share your stories!

I was 12 and I was two of my other friends, and we were walking down some road, and a gang of Arican-Carribean people came up to us, and stole the phone off of one my friends, stole his school tie, punched him and flicked ciggarette ashes in his eyes.
I got mugged last summer just before my last exam. I was coming back from my friends house one night when i saw 3 people coming towards me on the path. I thought they were drunks so i decided to cross the road, at which point they all chased after me. Eventually they cornered me, two of them were mouthing off and one of them was skulking around not saying anything. I was convinced he was about to stab me.

Fortunately i only had a £20 ipod on me so i just gave it to them. As soon as i knew for sure they weren't following me i went back home, called the police and they were all caught within the hour. I was absolutely amazed i got out of that without so much as a bruise. None of them were particularly well built, if it was 1 of them i would probably have defended myself but when there is 3 its just not worth the risk, you simply cannot say how you will react until you have been put into that situation.

Its made me so paranoid about walking on my own in the dark though, because this happened in the safest area of a town with very low crime rates. It could easily happen again and i won't be so lucky. Ever since then i ALWAYS get a taxi, bus or a friend to walk with me, and i never carry anything that isn't essential. Its made me a lot more sensitive when i see a girl walking on her own in the dark too, because i know exactly how nervous they must be feeling. I'll always cross the road or fake cough or something so she knows someone is there. If its a girl i know, i'll refuse to let her walk back alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending