The Student Room Group

Chewing my lip in my sleep? Why and how can I prevent it?

Avoid sleeping.

Chewing my lip in my sleep? Why and how can I prevent it?

Avoid sleeping.
Stop taking eccies.
Reply 2
Wear a mouthguard.
Reply 3
Mouthguard
Reply 4
Masturbate
Reply 6
Gumshields :colone:
Reply 7
Well, you've got to be careful you don't end up suffocating yourself with whatever you try. So if you put something in your mouth to stop you getting at your lips, make sure it's too big to choke on. Maybe a clean, dry flannel would work? Or you could try putting something really nasty tasting on the outside edges of your lips, to dissuade you. I'm not sure what, though - the sort of things you might usually use (wasabi or chilli powder) would only hurt like hell on your poor, broken skin. Maybe something non-toxic but also not designed as food, like aloe vera gel, would be a good bet? Or a moisturising cream? Those things would have the added benefit of helping to soothe your lips.

In the long run, though, you really need some sort of properly-made mouthguard. Go to your GP; they should be able to suggest something (or tell you to go to your dentist if it's something they can help with).
Reply 8
Original post by Ideot
Gumshields :colone:

Original post by tehforum
Wear a mouthguard.

Original post by tonberry
Mouthguard

As 3 others have pointed out, wear a mouthguard.
Reply 9
Good luck! Hopefully it's just a temporary thing. Have you been sleeping okay recently? Are you particularly stressed/worried about anything?
Reply 10
Are you really going to the doctors for this? wow. Man up

Tbh it'll probably go away, you just need to let this pass
Reply 11
Oh the horrors. No salty food!

Yeah I predicted the "oh ima woman" comment...

Go if you wish but I don't think your 'ailment' is visit worthy
Reply 12
Have your GP sleep with you. 😉
Are you sure you aren't having nocturnal seizures - Go see your GP!
Original post by tehforum
Are you really going to the doctors for this? wow. Man up

Tbh it'll probably go away, you just need to let this pass

wow. you’re immature. people develop issues that affect their physical and mental health and this is one of them, that is when you are SUPPOSED to go to the doctors. if that’s you’re attitude then rather than telling others to ‘man up’ please grow up and learn how life works. would you tell someone with a broken leg not to go because eventually is will heal? no because is might not be just a broken bone, might need to be casted. there may be underlying issues so visiting a doctor is always a good idea.

Quick Reply

Latest