The Student Room Group

Alternative for Student Finance England

Hey,

Since I've already studied for 2 years, Student Finance England won't cover my whole 3 years for a new degree. Does anyone know of any alternatives that might good for covering University tuition fees?
Unfortunately, they pretty much don't exist. SFE will cover the first two years, but after that I'm afraid it's the Bank of Mum & Dad.
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
Unfortunately, they pretty much don't exist. SFE will cover the first two years, but after that I'm afraid it's the Bank of Mum & Dad.

This is incorrect. The OP will be entitled to a maintenance loan only in their first year and full funding for years 2 and 3.

Student finance apply finance support beginning from the last year of the course.
Reply 3
Career development loans?
Save like hell?
Reply 5
Original post by OU Student
Career development loans?

Can you elaborate?
Reply 6
Original post by Powka
Can you elaborate?

There are two banks in the UK that offer a career development loan. Barclays and The Co-Op IIRC.

This can be up to a maximum of £10000, but they're not on the same terms as loans from SF, and can be extremely difficult to be approved for. The majority of CDL's are given to post grad students I believe.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/AdultLearning/FinancialHelpForAdultLearners/CareerDevelopmentLoans/index.htm
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Hi there I am starting my first year in September and I am applying for student finance but for proof of I.d. I am struggling to get someone to fill in the birth certificate form as I don't attend college?
Original post by Ns152700
Hi there I am starting my first year in September and I am applying for student finance but for proof of I.d. I am struggling to get someone to fill in the birth certificate form as I don't attend college?

Hi

I would advise making your own thread in future as this is a different topic to OPs

I'm assuming you are a uk national and don't have a U.K. Passport.

You don't need to get someone from college to complete the birth certificate form, there is a big list of professions on the back of the form and you can get one of those to counter sign it, common one would be getting a GP/doctor to sign it
Reply 9
Original post by murpo
Hi

I would advise making your own thread in future as this is a different topic to OPs

I'm assuming you are a uk national and don't have a U.K. Passport.

You don't need to get someone from college to complete the birth certificate form, there is a big list of professions on the back of the form and you can get one of those to counter sign it, common one would be getting a GP/doctor to sign it

I know but I don't have a regular gp its all different ones, so they haven't known me for more than 2 years, I tried a number of the professions but gain they haven't known me for 2 years ?
Original post by Ns152700
I know but I don't have a regular gp its all different ones, so they haven't known me for more than 2 years, I tried a number of the professions but gain they haven't known me for 2 years ?

Hi

Unfortunately if you can't get anyone on the form to sign it. Then you will need to get a valid In date passport

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending