The Student Room Group

Interview at Wetherspoon's

Scroll to see replies

I got a call from the Wetherspoons I applied to yesterday giving me an interview for tomorrow, I'm so worried because I have no idea what to expect... Although weirdly, I'm most worried about what to wear to the interview, because I don't want to be too over/underdressed :colondollar: I really need this job!
Original post by Rhiani-ani-on
Well I work at a lloyds and we dont have spoons shirts, just have to wear plain black ones and on a weekend after 8 (i think just the weekend, don't ever really work during the week) you dont have to wear a shirt, just something black.

For anyone who may be interviewed etc....

My interview was fairly casual, got asked a little bit about the pubs but not alot, i had no experience of bar work so just spoke alot about my experience with customers in general.

My work trial was strange, was fairly quiet in the pub and i didnt really do much, managed to serve a couple of people though.

After I was offered the job it then took them ages to organise an induction coz they are done on like a mass scale and they were all on tuesdays when i was at uni, but eventually got one on a sunday, wwas pretty long winded, a lot of watching videos and filling stuff out, don't think it really matters what you wear to it tbh unless its at your pub!!

Then my first shift was a very busy friday night!! This was back in December.

xx

Hi :smile:

I have been offered an induction for kitchen staff to support me through uni. Would you be able to answer some questions for me please?

Is the induction hard? Are you expected to learn alot?

Do or did you enjoy working for wetherspoons overall?
Original post by daemongreen
Hi :smile:

I have been offered an induction for kitchen staff to support me through uni. Would you be able to answer some questions for me please?

Is the induction hard? Are you expected to learn alot?

Do or did you enjoy working for wetherspoons overall?

I dont remember it being hard, just remember it being long and pretty boring. Its all just general stuff for all staff members.

I did not enjoy working for them. I only worked there for about 4 months, I decided bar work was just not for me.
Reply 23
I had an interview at Wetherspoons on Tuesday, i was a nervous wreck! I dont know what i was worrying about as they made me feel really relaxed and welcome, they ask you a few questions about the place and explain what roles you would be doing if you got the job, i knew from when i went that i had the job from the way the manager was speaking to me, you'd think an interviewer would speak to you firmly and strict (i've had a few of those in past interviews) but Wetherspoons spoke to me like i was a friend to them, made me feel really welcome so you have absoloutley nothing to worry about! :smile: just remember to smile and explain things in detail :smile: you'll be fine!
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Really? :lolwut: My induction/interview had a twenty minute segment devoted to the proper way to wear the uniform... Black trousers, black closed in shoes, leather, black Lloyds (and Monster) branded shirt, key fob around your neck, no ties yada yada yada... So dull. I'm not sure I like this new direction if that's what they're going for then :/

Hey! I just got a job at new Wetherspoons and have my trial next week: any idea what I should wear for it? Also for the job overall will I be able to keep on festival wristbands or will I be asked yo remove them?
Reply 25
I have a general assistant job (wait i dont know is it just a waiter)

and im **** at interviews, and im clueless!

HELP
I applied for kitchen staff and wanted to apply for bar staff to but the system wouldn't let me apply for more that on positions at a time. I had an interview for the kitchen staff job and have recently done a trail shift. I really didn't like the job and have been told I'm having an induction in a week.Is it risky if I ask the manager about the bartender position before I go for the induction as I don't wanna put my foot in it and lose the kitchen job. Thanks
Original post by Hello oh
Out of interest is it a Lloyds bar or actual Wetherspoons pub? My pubs a wetherspoons but is right in the city centre so also gets reallyyy busy at the weekends.

You get used to it pretty quickly and going in with a laid back attitude is the best thing to do when dealing drunks. You'll naturally get the occasional **** that complains about everything, but the managers are taught to deal with them and are very much on your side most of the time.

Don't think i've ever had abuse from anyone, but if I did one of the managers would just kick them out, we have doormen on Thursday/Friday/Saturdays so they usually take care of any idiots. As a girl you'll probably be more concerned with the old pervy men that come in rather than getting abuse from someone.
Can actually be pretty fun working busy nights and time goes much quicker than on a quiet Sunday afternoons. Let us know how it goes!

"old pervy men rather than getting abuse" As if that isn't abuse!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending