The Student Room Group

can i add a 6th uni choice after applying??

Hey all!
I'm an international applicant and sent my UCAS application around 5th september 2011. I've received answers from 5 unis i applied to.
However i want to REALLY REALLY apply to LSE.
But since my app is sent i cant see any 'add choices' option available on track anymore. :frown:

So, is there a way to apply to LSE before 15th january ?

Or, i cannot...?
Reply 1
You can only apply to a maximum of five places I'm afraid, sorry :frown:
Original post by srao
Hey all!
I'm an international applicant and sent my UCAS application around 5th september 2011. I've received answers from 5 unis i applied to.
However i want to REALLY REALLY apply to LSE.
But since my app is sent i cant see any 'add choices' option available on track anymore. :frown:

So, is there a way to apply to LSE before 15th january ?

Or, i cannot...?

There is a way to apply to LSE, but not before 15 January. You can decline all your offers and, on 24 February (when UCAS EXtra opens), apply to LSE. It would be a dangerous thing to do as they may not be considering new applicants at that stage, but possible. I would definitely advise you not to do it.
Reply 3
Original post by Good bloke
There is a way to apply to LSE, but not before 15 January. You can decline all your offers and, on 24 February (when UCAS EXtra opens), apply to LSE. It would be a dangerous thing to do as they may not be considering new applicants at that stage, but possible. I would definitely advise you not to do it.

Thanks!
I will probably do that!
So um...
will i have to upload a new PS and reference for that??
Original post by srao
Thanks!
I will probably do that!
So um...
will i have to upload a new PS and reference for that??

Really! You value a tiny chance of being considered by LSE above all your other offers? :eek:

You have to wait until UCAS Extra opens in February (i.e after the equal consideration deadline), decline all your offers and then add LSE as a choice in UCAS Extra. You don't get to change your application in any other way. It would make sense to call LSE and ask if they will consider you before doing all this, of course. Even then, nothing can be relied on and it is a huge risk, only to be undertaken if you really wouldn't take up any of your other offers under any circumstances.

Which begs the question, why apply for them in the first place?
Reply 5
Original post by Good bloke
Really! You value a tiny chance of being considered by LSE above all your other offers? :eek:

You have to wait until UCAS Extra opens in February (i.e after the equal consideration deadline), decline all your offers and then add LSE as a choice in UCAS Extra. You don't get to change your application in any other way. It would make sense to call LSE and ask if they will consider you before doing all this, of course. Even then, nothing can be relied on and it is a huge risk, only to be undertaken if you really wouldn't take up any of your other offers under any circumstances.

Which begs the question, why apply for them in the first place?

I have an unconditional from bristol and conditional offers from KCL, sheffield and durham... I reached till the interview at Oxford, unfortunately nothing beyond that.
Yes, it is a risk but i will take it. I'm applying for a degree in social science, and LSE is (according to my knowledge) the best collage in UK for that.

I can also afford to take the risk because I'm in two minds about going to the UK, having offers from universities in my hometown. So, in a nutshell, i'm applying (in feb) to LSE to check whether I'm good enough for it.

It may sound crazy to the pragmatic but from where i'm standing i've got nothing to lose.
Reply 6
Also, to the question - 'why apply there in the first place?'
To please my parents. Basically they want me to do a degree and get a conventional job. Whereas, i see myself writing full-time in the future. Not going, doesn't matter all that much.
I have to say that LSE is so competitive that I think your chances of getting an offer from it are next to none.

There is no onus on them to give candidates equal consideration after the deadline and they very well may not consider you at all.

If you don't care for your other offers then you could have a go, but be aware, it is almost certain that you will be disappointed.
Reply 8
I can't see LSE considering anyone after the 15th January deadline, although maybe as an international applicant there may be a small number of places on less competitive courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending