The Student Room Group

Buying Girls Drinks

OK so your out one night and a girl asks you to buy her a drink you have just met her . How do you know if she likes you or just trying to get a free drink from you?

Girls in your experience how often do you ask guys to buy you drink?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Er... I have never asked a guy to buy me a drink. I don't even accept drinks from guys I'm not interested in, because they often get the wrong idea.
Reply 2
Original post by youshallnotpass
OK so your out one night and a girl asks you to buy her a drink you have just met her . How do you know if she likes you or just trying to get a free drink from you?

When girl ask me to buy them drink I tell them to buy me one first, if they will then they deserve my time, if not then she's not worth me spending money on her.
Reply 3
i have never asked a guy to buy me drink
i think it's disgusting
you might as well just ask him for cash
its just rude
if i were a guy id refuse point blank
if a guy was to offer id only accept if interested (possibly i still might not accept)
but if i were you id just say no n not offer until your sure she likes you because half of the girls out there will just want free drinks
Reply 4
when she does i slip a rofee into it...... lol JK

on a serious note i would never by a girl a drink
Reply 5
Tell her to buy her own damn drink - and mines a pint while you're there love.

No bs, saying this will double your chances of getting laid compared to meekly complying with her demands.
Reply 6
i never buy a girl a drink
i dont see the point
I don't know any girl who actually asks for drinks! That's just rude. If a guy offers me a drink and I like him then sometimes I say yes. I do like it when a guy offers, because I'm a sucker for the traditional gentleman, and if we want another drink later on then I'll pay for it. I would never expect a guy to buy all my drinks but I do appreciate the initial offer.

Once I bought one of my male friends a drink when we were out because he said he was feeling sober and bored, and then for the next few nights out he asked me to buy him a drink every time I went to the bar. I told him where to get off. I like generosity, I do not like people who take it for granted.
Reply 8
I'm not a guy, but I'd be immediately put off by a girl if she asked me to buy her a drink! I never accept drinks from guys because I don't think it's fair that they often feel that they should 'buy' a girl's attention.
Reply 9
If a girl's asking you to buy her a drink, then that is all she's asking you for.
Reply 10
I hate it when girls do that. I would never be that rude. If they ask you to buy them a drink they are just freeloading.

Example: I bumped into an old school friend over Xmas and she said "Shall I buy you a drink?"...So I thought it was a lovely offer and I said "Sure. Thanks"....Anyway to my astonishment she simply tapped a man on the shoulder and asked him to buy us drinks. It was really awkward for me because I couldn't alter the situation so I just tried to be extra kind to the man and thank him profusely. I felt really guilty even though it wasn't my fault because I don't like the idea of using men to get what I want, or of getting something I don't deserve :s-smilie:

I hope that there aren't too many girls like this. I'd be shocked if there were.

This is a turn off to me..

I dont care how sexy she is.. it actually happened to once..

Sexy blonde girl : what about you buy me a drink?
Me: "Did you come to the club to beg?"...then I walked off.

This is a big turn off in my opinion.
Ah, this happened to me once.

Her: "Hey, want to buy me a drink?"
Me: "No, not really."

Things are much more straight forward than TSR makes them out to be.
Reply 13

Say this and I guarantee you a 50/50 response.

"Sure, buy me one then!" *smile*

Dont be cocky as you say this, just look straight, smile nicely and its either a no, which proves that she is a drink tout (aka a whore) or a girl that you can have a laugh with and talk too.

Why is this a good idea?

You are now at the bar, with both of your heads together (and bodies). TALK TO HER BOY!

Do not let her twist it into a situation where she chooses an expensive drink and she gets you a crap one. Go even on this, dont bitch out and if she does try that just walk off with the good drink and forget her.
No. If a girl I don't even know is rude enough to ask me to buy them a drink then they are not worth the time. I just ask them if they are incapable of going to the bar and getting a drink themselves.
It is a rule among my mates that no one buys a random girl a drink.
Reply 16
Original post by Ben_LiveYourDreams
It is a rule among my mates that no one buys a random girl a drink.

Good rule. :smile:
I never ask, and frankly I prefer to buy my own drinks anyway, as if I accept a drink from a guy, they tend to get the wrong end of the stick :s-smilie:
If a girl asked me to buy her a drink, I'd think it's really rude. If she offered to buy me one, I'd probably say she could buy the next one and buy the first one :smile:
I would never ask someone to buy me a drink.

However if someone insists on buying me a drink I'll do a little courteous protesting and then accept. Despite the fact that I'm in a relationship - I just see it as a free drink tbh and I'm not going to complain especially as I try to budget on nights out now :dontknow:

Edit: now reading back though this I feel like an awful person. Why do TSR's have to be so damn morally correct? :getmecoat:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending