The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Running my first Half Marathon tomorrow- wish me luck! :eek:
Original post by Yellow-nutshell

Wow, good luck! :smile:
Original post by -jessica
3mph should be okay. It's going to be a lot of calories, whatever pace you log it as.

Is it accurate? 7 hours at 2mph says 1303 calories?! really?
Original post by infairverona

Probably not, because you're stopping and starting.

Just be careful what you log on MFP. If you stated you have an active lifestyle then it accounts for this is your goal calories, so if you then log your usual daily standing as exercise, you're counting it twice.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Original post by Muffinz
Probably not, because you're stopping and starting.

I put in 7 rather than about 9 though to account for that?

Original post by The_Goose
Just be careful what you log on MFP. If you stated you have an active lifestyle then it accounts for this is your goal calories, so if you then log your usual daily standing as exercise, you're counting it twice.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e

I changed my goal calories to 1200 though, it said I should have 1500 at first. I dont use it to log calories, I was just using it to give me an estimate for how much I burned today haha

Good luck and let us know how you get on. At least it would give me some idea of what to expect when I do mine in a few months time.

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Sorry if this is really big, but my uniform for tomorrow :biggrin:. Might have to wear black socks though..

You look great :smile: and just looked at your sig and realised your getting closer to the 100lb mark as well.

Can I just ask what trousers you got on from next as the fit is really good on you considering your very tall. I barley get decent black trousers that are that long :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Had a really good day then just had to have (literally had to) a glass of cherryade and a creme egg. I was at my dads and came over seriously faint and my eyes went all fuzzy. It felt like I did ages ago when I blacked out twice presumably due to low blood sugar. The creme egg and pop were what my stepmum gave me to just stop me fainting :/ and I felt much better afterwards.

I'm just worried now as sometimes I have days where I feel, (I can't think of another way to describe it) just empty. Not nauseous, just like I haven't eaten all day or something - that kind of sickly feeling... even if I have eaten a normal or above average amount of food that day. And today was one of those days :/ hmmm...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by outlaw-torn
Had a really good day then just had to have (literally had to) a glass of cherryade and a creme egg. I was at my dads and came over seriously faint and my eyes went all fuzzy. It felt like I did ages ago when I blacked out twice presumably due to low blood sugar. The creme egg and pop were what my stepmum gave me to just stop me fainting :/ and I felt much better afterwards.

I'm just worried now as sometimes I have days where I feel, (I can't think of another way to describe it) just empty. Not nauseous, just like I haven't eaten all day or something - that kind of sickly feeling... even if I have eaten a normal or above average amount of food that day. And today was one of those days :/ hmmm...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Have you seen a doctor about that? My boyfriend is diabetic and he used to get things like that before he was diagnosed.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
x

Just wondering, what are you going to do once you've hit your goal weight?
Original post by Muffinz
Just wondering, what are you going to do once you've hit your goal weight?

Keep exercising lots, and concentrate more on my weights and fitness rather than weight loss; and increase my calories. A lot. Looking forward to that, actually!
Work again today. Reallly don't wanna get out if bed :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'm losing 0.5-1lb per day on keto and don't feel like I'm depriving myself of food at all. For example, this was yesterday's food. My blood sugar levels have been the lowest they've been in weeks and incredibly stable, and my ketone levels are within normal range. I feel so happy, and my ticker if finally at 1lb lost (i.e. I'm back to where I started when I made my MFP account). I'm taking baby steps with my goals and going to treat myself to sushi when this goal is met before giving myself another 20lb milestone or so. I've got my gym induction in 15 mins and I'm excited to get back to it :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Muffinz
I'm losing 0.5-1lb per day on keto and don't feel like I'm depriving myself of food at all. For example, this was yesterday's food. My blood sugar levels have been the lowest they've been in weeks and incredibly stable, and my ketone levels are within normal range. I feel so happy, and my ticker if finally at 1lb lost (i.e. I'm back to where I started when I made my MFP account). I'm taking baby steps with my goals and going to treat myself to sushi when this goal is met before giving myself another 20lb milestone or so. I've got my gym induction in 15 mins and I'm excited to get back to it :biggrin:

I tried to do go low carb but I think I must go into ketosis quite easily and it made me really ill. It got to the point where I felt so sick I couldn't eat anything so I had to stop. It's great that it works for you though, I just wish I didn't have such trouble with it!
Reply 3994
I put in 7 rather than about 9 though to account for that?

I changed my goal calories to 1200 though, it said I should have 1500 at first. I dont use it to log calories, I was just using it to give me an estimate for how much I burned today haha

It was probably a bit high, which is why I would always half the number of hours. You still definitely burned more than you would in your usual day though. That's why 8/9 hour shifts are so tiring :tongue:
Original post by Boom.Squish
I tried to do go low carb but I think I must go into ketosis quite easily and it made me really ill. It got to the point where I felt so sick I couldn't eat anything so I had to stop. It's great that it works for you though, I just wish I didn't have such trouble with it!

You can go into ketosis by eating less than 50g carbs per day - have you tried eating ~50g? You might be able to manage it more easily that way. It's working beautifully - just got back from a workout, didn't eat beforehand and I didn't go hypo :biggrin: keto :love:

---

That was easily the best induction I've had. The guy explained everything in massive detail, including why some settings were better than others. I know how to program interval training (c25k) into a treadmill now, and I now know the reason why people go backwards on the cross trainer. And, I can book a second induction explaining weights whenever I like! Magic!

I just did 15 mins on the crosstrainer after my induction because, after a month of sitting on my ass all day, I felt like I needed to start slow and work up. Still, I'm very happy and £31 well spent on the months membership :h:
Managed to do 2x 10 min runs on 10km/hour :smile: Plus another 10 minute mile :biggrin:
Reply 3997
It's a terrible excuse but I just don't want to/can't go to the gym today because all my gym trousers are still damp from the washing machine. Also last entry is 3pm on a Sunday. Ugh...
Original post by Chrisateen
Good luck and let us know how you get on. At least it would give me some idea of what to expect when I do mine in a few months time.

2:33:29! Will write some more when I'm out the bath and in less pain haha!
2:33:29! Will write some more when I'm out the bath and in less pain haha!

Congratulations! What an achievement :biggrin:

Latest