The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Just deleted my "finally normal" post. Not sure what it is about people today, but got 2 people PMing me saying I was ugly, and several others making horrible comments on the thread.. I was getting bored of reporting them (so some of them are still there, sadly) and if I'm being honest it upset me.

Makes me somewhat regret putting so many photos of myself on here.

Is trying to help people such a crime?

You inspire so many people and that outweighs any pathetic negative comments. These people have sad sad lives sitting behind a computer screen venting their own insecurities to other people. Alot of them would never have the balls to say it in real life and lord knows what they look like themselves that gives them the right to judge others. If the keyboard makes them feel powerful then let it. I don't think you don't realise just how much you've achieved and what it means to other people to use you as an example to change their own lives. At the end of the day, people are always gonna pick at something and there's always gonna be someone skinnier/prettier/smarter. Be happy within yourself and forget what anyone else says because at the end of the day, they aren't living your life.
Just deleted my "finally normal" post. Not sure what it is about people today, but got 2 people PMing me saying I was ugly, and several others making horrible comments on the thread.. I was getting bored of reporting them (so some of them are still there, sadly) and if I'm being honest it upset me.

Gemma, you're beautiful and you look stunning in all of your progress pics. Some people just need to get a life. They're obviously jealous that you have the mindset and strength of character to do what you are doing so just ignore them and don't let it upset you.
Original post by *GoLdSeQuIn*
You inspire so many people and that outweighs any pathetic negative comments. These people have sad sad lives sitting behind a computer screen venting their own insecurities to other people. Alot of them would never have the balls to say it in real life and lord knows what they look like themselves that gives them the right to judge others. If the keyboard makes them feel powerful then let it. I don't think you don't realise just how much you've achieved and what it means to other people to use you as an example to change their own lives. At the end of the day, people are always gonna pick at something and there's always gonna be someone skinnier/prettier/smarter. Be happy within yourself and forget what anyone else says because at the end of the day, they aren't living your life.

Thank you. I know you're right, and I know I'm being silly for letting just a few negative comments spoil the hundreds of people who've had nice things to say.. I guess it's about my self esteem being quite low, and just the memories it brings back.

Another reason I thought I'd be better closing the thread is that I'm hoping to apply to be a forum mod next time applications are open, and one of the reasons I haven't got it the last few times is because I argued with people who said nasty things.. and I got quite nasty myself, so I'm trying to prove I'm a better candidate for next time by showing that I can keep myself in control :biggrin:.

Original post by dreaminchicken
Gemma, you're beautiful and you look stunning in all of your progress pics. Some people just need to get a life. They're obviously jealous that you have the mindset and strength of character to do what you are doing so just ignore them and don't let it upset you.

Thank you, this is reminding me why I post on here.. you lot are lovely! :-).

haters_gonna_hate.gif

You have achieved something that many others cannot do and you should be proud. Don't let haters spoil your efforts :smile:

Some people just like being nasty for the sake of it... I know its easier said than done but try not to let them get to you. The pics you've put online are amazing, and really inspiring for anyone trying to lose weight. For every person that feels the need to say something horrible, there will be loads more who admire the change you've made, and who then begin to think about changes they could make to make their own lifestyles healthier.
Reply 1185
I should probably know that, considering I've just done a 10,000 word dissertation on internet forum use! But when it's aimed at you, particularly when it's exactly the same as all the bullies used to say at school, it's horrible.. and doesn't make it any easier knowing they're just nasty people (even though that's true).

I'm not going to stop posting, but I certainly won't be posting any more photos anywhere else. Everyone on this thread is lovely, but unfortunately that just isn't the same in the rest of the forum. If I stopped posting in this thread I'd be 18 stone again before the end of the week :P.

Glad to hear you will continue posting. I'm the same, if someone aims things at me, even online, I can't help but feel hurt(getting better though). It's been going on for the last six months or so thanks to spiteful TSR people, a few that met me in person and we 'reconciled' yet continue to act like idiots online :rolleyes: crazy ol' world eh?
What has happened to Tinks? I miss her.

Sorry, bit late to the game here :smile:
I'm sorry you were forced to close your thread that was about such an achievement, but if it is upsetting you it's for the best. You are NOT ugly, at all, unfortunately as we all know the Internet breeds morons hiding behind the anonymity of a forum. They are sad people, with sad lives. You are 100x the person they are! :smile:

I would say name 'em and shame 'em but, ultimately, they aren't even worth a response.
So today didn't exactly go as planned, didn't have time for dinner (shift started at 6pm and got out the hairdressers at 5.50pm!) so I could only really eat a small bowl of chips on the go while at work, we were non-stop in the bar, which is odd considering it's a Monday! On the plus side, I have ****ing fantastic hair :h:

x

Just wanted to say you're gorgeous and a total inspiration to me :smile: the people pm-ing you are bitter, jealous good-for-nothings!
x

They are clearly idiots! You're the person that keeps everyone going in this thread!

---

Started on the 13th Feb so I have officially been healthy eating for a month now. Not sure I feel/look any different! Although I know it's probably too soon to expect any differences.

I have become obsessed with Eat Natural bars - the apricot ones. Yum yum yum!
Haven't been on MFP for ages to log calories but I know I'm still sticking to them.
x

I know it is a bit of a cliché but I think a lot of it is jealousy. I guess people think of "fat people" as not very much of a threat but suddenly when they are slimmer and look absolutely gorgeous like you do then all of a sudden they become a threat, even if they don't know them I suppose.

What I am trying to say is pleeeeease don't stop posting, we need you :redface:

---

I've put in my breakfast and dinner into MFP and it says I have nearly 800 calories for lunch and snacks, yay :biggrin: Not been very good overall with my diet and exercise since January really but it is my 21st birthday in about 2 weeks and that was my original goal to be 9 stone 7 and I've been hovering between 10st - 10st 4 since January. I'd like to be down to 10st properly by my birthday, I'm having a massive pig out on my birthday with my boyfriend (posh restaurant dinner and alcohol) and then a few days after with friends (going to have a tea party :biggrin:) so I need to make sure I am extra good that week for a STS. Revised my goal to the end of exams (somewhere around 1st June) when I want to be definitely 9st 7 before I go on holiday in July.
(edited 12 years ago)
Thanks for the lovely messages yesterday. I wasn't saying I wasn't going to post anymore, just that I'm not going to be quite so "vocal" outside this thread. I think it's a shame as I like to think I was encouraging people, but I refuse to do that at the expense of my own happiness, however stupid that sounds.

So, in here I stay.

I'm sat here in my size 12 New Look jeans, which I can now wear high enough to mean that there's no muffin top. I have to pull them up every 5 minutes though, but I'm carrying on wearing them because if I don't they'll just never get broken in!

Only got two more weeks until I finish uni for Easter, which is great, because I fully plan to exercise like mad over Easter. But then again, with the amount of chocolate that's around our house at that time, I suppose the best I could hope for would be to "break even"!
Reply 1192
Inspiration.jpg
Haters gonna hate, fighters gonna fight :hugs:
Just tried on a pair of jeans I haven't wore in a month (I live in skirts and dresses) and they're now really loose! Annoying because I have to pull them up every five minutes but other than that I'm pretty happy. :smile: Roll on the weigh-in tomorrow!
I saw the pizza in the canteen... and I turned and walked to the library instead to eat my sandwhich. Now have the craving, but it's not physically possible for me to eat it now so that's fine.
Exercise has well and truely gone out of the window until after dissertations... There just isn't any time :frown:
Fed up..everything has gone out of the window and my eating habits are absolutely horrendous. I'm eating anything...and everything.
Fed up..everything has gone out of the window and my eating habits are absolutely horrendous. I'm eating anything...and everything.

Take a step back and start fresh tomorrow. :smile: A bad few days isn't important in the scheme of things. And if you have more important things to deal with right now, then concentrate on your diet later. It's not worth getting stressed over.
Original post by alabelle
Take a step back and start fresh tomorrow. :smile: A bad few days isn't important in the scheme of things. And if you have more important things to deal with right now, then concentrate on your diet later. It's not worth getting stressed over.

I just want chocolate and more chocolate. I've already had 1600 calories today (worth of sugar). Off to the gym but don't really see the point considering I can't eat until tomorrow to try to redeem myself which given what I've eaten simply won't happen. I keep telling myself that tomorrow will be better but it hasn't happened.
I just want chocolate and more chocolate. I've already had 1600 calories today (worth of sugar). Off to the gym but don't really see the point considering I can't eat until tomorrow to try to redeem myself which given what I've eaten simply won't happen. I keep telling myself that tomorrow will be better but it hasn't happened.

Maybe going to the gym tonight isn't the best idea. Try making some time for yourself tonight instead so you can relax, avoid eating more chocolate, and go back to healthy eating tomorrow. Just write today off, it's not important. :smile:
Original post by alabelle
Maybe going to the gym tonight isn't the best idea. Try making some time for yourself tonight instead so you can relax, avoid eating more chocolate, and go back to healthy eating tomorrow. Just write today off, it's not important. :smile:

Thank you.
I'm just incredibly stressed with everything at the moment, don't feel well and have literally been up every hour on the hour for the past three nights (normally an earthquake wouldn't wake me up!) plus totm is unusually very late!! I suppose these are just excuses though but I haven't seen any real results since Christmas no matter how much I eat/starve/exercise and it's wearing me thin. Tomorrow will be better:redface:

Latest