The Student Room Group

Liking a guy who's taken

OK, so I quite like this guy at college, but he's got a girlfriend, and I'm not sure what I should do. I don't see him very often (only 1 subject together and he goes to a different college for his other subjects) but when I do he's really funny, and sometimes in lessons I look up and he'll be looking at me smiling - thing is I don't know if this is just because he spaces out and I happen to sit in a bad location, so that when he stares it seems like he's looking at me?! (although we have lessons in 2 different rooms and I've caught him doing this in both rooms, but then again I do sit pretty much opposite him in one room) Anyway, he's got a girlfriend, who as far as I can tell, he's been with for quite a while, as in since school, and I would feel really bad if I did anything to mess things up between them. I've never really spoken to the girl, but as far as I can tell, she's just a really nice person, and I don't want to hurt her.

Sorry for the big long rant people, but any suggestions?!
Reply 1
My advice: leave well alone.

He's happy with his current girlfriend. You could well be imagining him being interested just because you like him. Just cos he smiles at you doesn't mean he wants to dump/cheat on his girlfriend.
Reply 2
I agree. If he's happily in a relationshi, then forget about it and move on. If he's been seeing her for as long as you say, he's unlikely to leave her for you. And besides, smiling at someone just suggests he's friendly - not that he fancies you. I smile at people across the lecture theatre all the time, merely as a polite form of acknowledgement.
Reply 3
same situation here but im a guy and she's a girl and we dont see each other often. I have thought about this and i think i should back off, i mean not even telling my feelings about her, just be friends, no more than that. tho sometimes i have that 'fantasy' that we both will work out, but thats only what I dream of....*sigh*
Reply 4
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Would you like it if a girl tried to take your boyfriend away from you?

No, probably not.
Reply 5
BlackHawk
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Would you like it if a girl tried to take your boyfriend away from you?

No, probably not.

:ditto:

Why are there so many threads about this all the time? Same advice still applies people! - make sure you are consistent in your morality. If you have no problem with other girls chatting up your bf, go for it.

I'm sort of relying on the fact NO ONE would want that - frankly even if you are fine with it you should still respect the fact other people wouldn't be!
Reply 6
I agree.

I had the same situation, and i did like her. She just got there first.

Let them be happy, and be a friend to him if something happens.
Reply 7
Thanks for the replies everyone, I guess I kinda knew what you were gonna say, and what the right thing to do was, I just needed to actually see people say it if you know what I mean.
Reply 8
It's difficult, I know. We've all been there. Keep your chin up, I know it's horrible.
Yeah i know its hard but the last thing you want to do is be accused of stealing another girl's boyfriend.
Reply 10
i know, it really sucks. I can't even tell my feelings to her off my chest
Reply 11
Sorry but I always try pulling girls who've already have got bfs.

Not on purpose!
Anonymous
OK, so I quite like this guy at college, but he's got a girlfriend, and I'm not sure what I should do. I don't see him very often (only 1 subject together and he goes to a different college for his other subjects) but when I do he's really funny, and sometimes in lessons I look up and he'll be looking at me smiling - thing is I don't know if this is just because he spaces out and I happen to sit in a bad location, so that when he stares it seems like he's looking at me?! (although we have lessons in 2 different rooms and I've caught him doing this in both rooms, but then again I do sit pretty much opposite him in one room) Anyway, he's got a girlfriend, who as far as I can tell, he's been with for quite a while, as in since school, and I would feel really bad if I did anything to mess things up between them. I've never really spoken to the girl, but as far as I can tell, she's just a really nice person, and I don't want to hurt her.

Sorry for the big long rant people, but any suggestions?!

Be selfish. If you really want him go for him, suppose you and him might be perfect together, would you really care about some other girl that much?
if he's taken, theres really no point!!

Latest

Trending

Trending