The Student Room Group

How To Work Smart For Upcoming A-Level Exams?

Hi,

I have a LOT of exams in May/June now, because I did not do well in the January modules :frown:.

Thing is, I only have one shot at everything since I am an A2 student.

I don't want to screw up and I am willing to put things right for good.

However, the time really scares me because I keep thinking that I don't have enough time.

Therefore, how do I work 'smart' so that I cover the syllabus of all my modules?

Would appreciate it if someone could let me know.

Thanks
Reply 1
I made a time table, starting at 8 and finishing at 5 and doing an hour on each subject and module.

First by making notes throughout the textbook and making sure i understood everything and then once I had finished the notes I just did all the past papers that I could find.
Everything Katwall1 has just said :smile:
Reply 3
It's smart that you've realised that you need to work hard to do well , you've got one over those who brag about doing only an all night revision session the night before the exam already.

The idea is to put your hopes of a top revision plan into practice. I think everyone tries it but lose motivation and give up as it can get a little boring at times. But there are some people who accept that that realise that's what it takes to do well.

For yourself, I would recommend you really nail down, possibly sacrifice some luxuries for this period . As for work , if you find you struggle with anything ask and find out as quick as possible and get on top of it early , because then itl make life much easier in the long run. Also research and practice exam techniques as well because its always good to put knowledge into practice.

I know it sounds sad and boring but if you want to do yourself justice and realise your potential , then you might as well do it . There's not much to sacrifice really. And at the end of the day you can party so hard and with a dam good reason to as you'll do well!

Quick Reply

Latest