The Student Room Group

DVLA Provisional drivers licence question

So I'm applying for my provisional drivers licence, and for the proof of ID section, I'm using my passport as evidence. However, when my passport was done, the signature is different to the one I'm using now. Will this defer my application? And what would you recommend I do?

Thanks!
Why do you have a different signature?

Give the DVLA a call, they'll likely know better than anyone on here.
Where you need to sign the passport part, you need to use the signature you used on your passport - this is so that the DVLA know it was actually you applying for the PDL.

Where you have to sign the declaration part on the other side to show you understand the risks of providing false information - this is the one that will appear on the licence, you can use a different one.

Source- I did it.
Reply 3
Original post by ilovecatsforlife
Where you need to sign the passport part, you need to use the signature you used on your passport - this is so that the DVLA know it was actually you applying for the PDL.

Where you have to sign the declaration part on the other side to show you understand the risks of providing false information - this is the one that will appear on the licence, you can use a different one.

Source- I did it.

Ok, well I've already signed it in the signature different to the one in my passport, would it be ok if i just crossed it out and replaced it with the one on my passport? Or do I need to go and get a new form?
Original post by Anythingoo1
Ok, well I've already signed it in the signature different to the one in my passport, would it be ok if i just crossed it out and replaced it with the one on my passport? Or do I need to go and get a new form?

I'd probably get a new one or use tipex, it's an important part of identifying that it is really you applying for a licence, it may get rejected, so just be on the safe side and order a new one, will only delay you by a week or so, once you've sent it, it took me only 5 working days to recieve it :smile:
Reply 5
Hey just don't risk it, use same signiture as passport. My mate tried to open a bank account with a different signiture but they never let him (just avoid the hassle) I'm still trying to figure out a signiture, someone help me please :colondollar: My name is Noorul Islam, It is so hard to do a decent one.
Reply 6
Original post by noorul87
Hey just don't risk it, use same signiture as passport. My mate tried to open a bank account with a different signiture but they never let him (just avoid the hassle) I'm still trying to figure out a signiture, someone help me please :colondollar: My name is Noorul Islam, It is so hard to do a decent one.

Be grateful your name is not William Anker and you sign the full surname with just the intial letter of the first name!!
Original post by ilovecatsforlife
I'd probably get a new one or use tipex, it's an important part of identifying that it is really you applying for a licence, it may get rejected, so just be on the safe side and order a new one, will only delay you by a week or so, once you've sent it, it took me only 5 working days to recieve it :smile:

Don't use tipex, I believe they use computers to scan it (or store a copy), tipex will play havoc with that, and either make it take longer to process or they may reject it (especially tipex on the signature panel - seems dodgy).
I got my provisional and I look to book my theory tested...But my provisional is in my old address does this matter...HELP
Original post by Edwards567
I got my provisional and I look to book my theory tested...But my provisional is in my old address does this matter...HELP

It does not matter for the theory test.

However, be warned: if you have changed address, then you need to get your licence amended with your new details.

This is because your details logged with the DVLA will be incorrect. Any traffic violations you may receive or if the police want to check your identity etc., will be sent to your old address and you may end up getting into deeper trouble if your mail is not forwarded to your new address and you do not comply with the required instructions within a set time limit. i.e. you could end up with points on your licence before you even pass your test !
Reply 10
Original post by uberteknik
It does not matter for the theory test.

However, be warned: if you have changed address, then you need to get your licence amended with your new details.

This is because your details logged with the DVLA will be incorrect. Any traffic violations you may receive or if the police want to check your identity etc., will be sent to your old address and you may end up getting into deeper trouble if your mail is not forwarded to your new address and you do not comply with the required instructions within a set time limit. i.e. you could end up with points on your licence before you even pass your test !

Traffic offence notices would be sent to the registered keeper of the vehicle, not the licence holder...

Original post by Edwards567

No. Update your licence ASAP, though. It's your legal responsibility.

Don't bump old threads.
Hello I'm looking to get my privishnil UK license I haven't been able to provide 3 years of address I already sent it off along with my national insurance number and my bert certificate can any one here tell me do I need to provide 3 years of address
Reply 12
Original post by Liam 2692
Hello I'm looking to get my privishnil UK license I haven't been able to provide 3 years of address I already sent it off along with my national insurance number and my bert certificate can any one here tell me do I need to provide 3 years of address

I don't recall ever having to provide 3 years of address history.

If you sent your National Insurance LETTER/CARD and your Birth Certificate, then there shouldn't be a problem.
I think you need to provide 3 years of addresses but presumably they don't have to be in the UK as people who have moved to the country in that timescale can obtain a licence and as far as I can remember they don't actually ask for any proof of the addresses. For future reference it is better to start a new thread rather than reply to a dead one.
Original post by IWMTom
I don't recall ever having to provide 3 years of address history.

If you sent your National Insurance LETTER/CARD and your Birth Certificate, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Oh thanks for that I was reading something about it today an I was worried I wouldn't be able to get it as I need I'd I was born in England bu I lived in Dublin Ireland since I was young thank u I hav peace of mind
Reply 15
Oh thanks for that I was reading something about it today an I was worried I wouldn't be able to get it as I need I'd I was born in England bu I lived in Dublin Ireland since I was young thank u I hav peace of mind

Looks like it needs to be provided, but you don't need to send evidence of it.

Why did you not provide the addresses? Presumably you know where you lived?
I provided the address that I am living at now along with my birth certificate and national insurance letter an I also had my company boss sign the photos an form I hope this will be enough to receive my licence.. Can anyone who knows plz let me know cos I'm going ou of my mind trying to get I'd as it came to a stage wre I really need it
Reply 17
I provided the address that I am living at now along with my birth certificate and national insurance letter an I also had my company boss sign the photos an form I hope this will be enough to receive my licence.. Can anyone who knows plz let me know cos I'm going ou of my mind trying to get I'd as it came to a stage wre I really need it

Did the form ask for you to provide three years of address history? Presumably this is the paper form, as the online one definitely does.
ahhh i just filled in my provisional form and messed up the beginning of my signature so i used tipex but it’s only a tiny bit. do you think it’ll matter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending