The Student Room Group

Not taking household income into account

I recently checked my student finance account and they are sending me a letter re-offering me the base loan and saying my household income still hasn't been taken into account.
I've had two phone calls with them today and it all boils down to the check they did with HM revenue and customs. They've said that the information my dad and step-mum have sent off do not match the information HMRC have, and as such won't look at anything else until this has been resolved, however they never informed me that this was such.
They've told me that my parents need to re-submit the infomation either proving that they were correct in the first place or wrong and send a letter saying that this is the right one, I've looked over both the documents they sent off and they are for the tax year that the company asked for, so I was just wondering if anyone could help me with any advice on to what I should do next?
Reply 1
Original post by Joe_Joe_93
I recently checked my student finance account and they are sending me a letter re-offering me the base loan and saying my household income still hasn't been taken into account.
I've had two phone calls with them today and it all boils down to the check they did with HM revenue and customs. They've said that the information my dad and step-mum have sent off do not match the information HMRC have, and as such won't look at anything else until this has been resolved, however they never informed me that this was such.
They've told me that my parents need to re-submit the infomation either proving that they were correct in the first place or wrong and send a letter saying that this is the right one, I've looked over both the documents they sent off and they are for the tax year that the company asked for, so I was just wondering if anyone could help me with any advice on to what I should do next?

Hi, I had a problem with SF as well... they are really frustrating. I thought my application was fine and then all of a sudden I check my account and they arent taking my household income into account (and its just my mum so we have the lowest income bracket). We rang up and it turns out they didnt have the correct evidence. They tried to claim they'd emailed me but they clearly hadnt since I checked every email and had all their others but not that one and I would have done something if I'd known...

Anyway, can you not ring HMRC and ask them to help sort it out? it sounds lie its a problem with them and your evidence rather than something you need to fix with student finance?
x
Reply 2
I rang SF up again today, and spoke to someone, it turns out that the second person I rang was completely wrong, they just haven't got round to looking at the evidence I've sent yet, something about they're only looking up till 6th of August currently.
But i feel your pain on the whole not informing you that you need to do something, I mean if the first two people I spoke too thought that something was wrong surely I should've been contacted, instead of me having to chase them up, even if they just added a note to my second offer just saying "still working on it, chill out."
Hope it all works out for you though =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending