The Student Room Group

Twins

Could I please have some advice regarding student finance applications for twins. My twins will go to Uni in September (everything crossed!) and so far I have been told that I need to make one of the finance applications online and one on paper due to the reference numbers that the computer generates being the surname and DOB. I have done so but am now wanting to know how the assessments work when the single parent finances have to be taken into account for twins.
Many thanks
Original post by Twinmum04
Could I please have some advice regarding student finance applications for twins. My twins will go to Uni in September (everything crossed!) and so far I have been told that I need to make one of the finance applications online and one on paper due to the reference numbers that the computer generates being the surname and DOB. I have done so but am now wanting to know how the assessments work when the single parent finances have to be taken into account for twins.
Many thanks

Hi there,

Once we assess the students, if you have told us you're supporting more than one, we will take off a disregarding.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Once we assess the students, if you have told us you're supporting more than one, we will take off a disregarding.

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire,
Thank you for the reply however I don't understand the term 'take off a disregarding'
Hi Claire,
Thank you for the reply however I don't understand the term 'take off a disregarding'

Hi there,

When there is more than one student from the same household in higher education we will deduct £1130 for each additional student from the total amount of household income declared - this is known as a 'Disregard'.

So for example, If the household income was £27,000 would deduct £1,130 from this meaning the household income we would use to assess the students would be £25,870.

Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Hi all,
Me again!
So we submitted the 2 SF applications as above, one online and one on paper. The online one has been finalised and we have received a letter showing the agreed finance etc. The paper application however, we have received nothing for. Is there likely to be more of a delay in receiving anything for a paper application? Its now been several weeks since we received the letter for the online applicant one...........
Hi all,
Me again!
So we submitted the 2 SF applications as above, one online and one on paper. The online one has been finalised and we have received a letter showing the agreed finance etc. The paper application however, we have received nothing for. Is there likely to be more of a delay in receiving anything for a paper application? Its now been several weeks since we received the letter for the online applicant one...........

Hi there, It takes around 6-8 weeks to process once it has been received. Once it has been processed the the student will receive a letter through the post confirming the funding they have been awarded. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending