The Student Room Group

Tattoo is booked.... Too scared to tell Mum.

(edited 9 years ago)
Did you consider not getting the stupid tattoo?
Reply 2
Original post by Discombobulate
Did you consider not getting the stupid tattoo?

:lol: this

A swallow on a horse shoe........ da hell is that?
(edited 11 years ago)
You should do what you want to do :smile: Just make sure you definitely want one!

Once youve got it done then theres not a lot she can do about it really. :/
Reply 4
Original post by ambercbridges
it relates strongly to my Dad. However, my Dad hates tattoos

Then getting a tattoo in his honour is a bit perverse.
It's almost certainly going to come out sooner or later, so I suggest telling her, and having a serious talk about it, so it doesn't accidentally give her a heart attack.

As for the meaning - it clearly means a lot to you, so she should be able to understand that. He is your Dad, and that's down to her. There are clearly some deeper things going on here that the two of you need to sit down and discuss, and I'd say that it's better for that to happen before you permanently mark your body. Whether or not you do it after is your choice.
Do what you want, it's your body and if you honestly don't think you'll regret it then I don't see why not.

If you ever do regret it you can get laser removal, yes it will hurt and I suggest not getting red ink as that is toughest to remove, but they CAN be removed, it'll cost a lot though. Make sure you really want what you're getting, and think about where you want it. Also I suggest you get something related to your mum in the tattoo as well? if my kid got a tattoo I wouldn't be angry I'd be hurt that they got one for their dad and nothing for me! :biggrin:
Haha Im sure it will look lovely. I certainly regret nothing I did when I was 18.
Reply 8
asked for advice not your opinion of the tattoo dear
What advice do you want?

You're a teenager whose actions seems slightly rebellious and you're worried about it? Welcome to the club, we've all been there.

Just get the tattoo, and if your mum asks, tell her you were at a tattooist getting inked, then show her what you had done. Yeah, she'll hate it, but **** her, it's not her body, it's yours.
You're 18 so it's up to you at the end of the day. Your mum can be upset, but she can't really stop you... She'll get over it soon enough.

However, this just strikes me as odd...

Original post by ambercbridges
The tattoo, to me, has a lot of meaning and relevance- it relates strongly to my Dad. However, my Dad hates tattoos, my

Why get a tattoo for your dad if he hates them?
My mum hates tattoos too. I've wanted a tattoo since I was about 14 so when I was 18 it was all too tempting to run out and get one. HOWEVER! Just to make sure, i waited another 2 years to make sure I still definitely wanted one.

I have a massive rib piece and I still haven't told mummy :B It will come out eventually, but she will probably realise being annoyed at me is futile because I'm not an idiot and got the right tattoo at the right time.
You may be 18 but you do still live under her roof, you could always wait until you move out to get the tattoo, or you could just not tell her about it.
Reply 13
Original post by roadkillzebra
You may be 18 but you do still live under her roof, you could always wait until you move out to get the tattoo, or you could just not tell her about it.

and what does having a tattoo have to do with living with someone?

Its not like she is bring boys back, having massive parties etc in the house. A tattoo has nothing to do with house rules and isnt really her mums business if op gets on or not.

However that said, (bear in mind i detest tattoos, my advice may be biased) if you really want it great, get it done, especially since youve been waiting since 15.
You may want to take longer to consider though just to make sure. Tattoos are pretty permanent (i know about laser treatment obvs) but basically it isnt the easiest thing to get rid off. Make sure its what you definatly want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending