The Student Room Group

Think I made the wrong decision, eurgh...

I'm currently in my 2nd at Uni studying Economics but don't really enjoy it am finding it hard work. I had a chance until September to change my degree but decided to stay on but not sure if I will get at least a 2:1 :s-smilie: I want some sort of career in sports as it's like my main passion but feel I can of went for what my parents wanted my to do rather than what I want to do. They wouldn't mind be being like a doctor/lawyer/businessman or something but they don't think there's a route for me to have a successful career in sport (which is quite ignorant imo :rolleyes:) my dad said that Uni would be tough whatever I studied but I still think it'd at least be easier if I enjoyed it my course more. They weren't even brought up in this country but they think they know tons about the Higher Education system over here. It's probably an massive overstatement to say my life is screwed but I do think this has put me back a bit, any advice on what my options are now?
(edited 11 years ago)
leave and re apply for next year doing what you want otherwise you'll fail
LOL i'm in third year economics and still now in class I think have I made the right choice haha
Reply 3
I do a different course but I feel kinda the same way - midway through 2nd year my thoughts are more 'must get a 2.1' rather than this course is amazing and enjoyable.

Talking to people over Christmas the consensus seems to be that unless you really want to do further education or love your course its just more learning to get a job and not amazingly stimulating. Unless you don't care about your results or what you enjoy doing gets you great marks, its all a bit difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending