The Student Room Group

I arranged a date with someone from a sugardaddie website

I noticed that sugardaddy dating is becoming popular these days so I joined one of them. I arranged a date with a 45 y/o guy from there but now I'm getting cold feet.

He seems to be a decent bloke and doesn't come across as sleazy, compared to some of the men on the site, he seems more normal.

I don't think this sugardaddy dating is for me at all, so I don't know whether to go on the date, knowing that I have no intentions of being a sugarbaby?

Scroll to see replies

Wow that's desperate.
Pretty mental thing to do if you're not in to older men. Why did you?
If you have no intention of being a sugarbaby, cancel the date.
Reply 4
If you are genuine I would say, avoid. It is a pretty unsavoury concept and you may regret it. I would rely on your own ability and genuine partners to provide for yourself.
Original post by Zarek
If you are genuine I would say, avoid. It is a pretty unsavoury concept and you may regret it. I would rely on your own ability and genuine partners to provide for yourself.

Nice one.
Reply 6
Original post by SillyRodent
Pretty mental thing to do if you're not in to older men. Why did you?

I'm into older men, like Pierrce Brosnan :coma:

But I don't want to be a sugarbaby in the context of these dating websites. I might like this guy though, he might be looking for a genuine girlfriend.
Reply 7
if you dont plan on being a sugar baby dont do it he'll probs get pissed off. i signed up got loads of requests but couldnt go through with it most of them have wives and stuff.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I'm into older men, like Pierrce Brosnan :coma:

But I don't want to be a sugarbaby in the context of these dating websites. I might like this guy though, he might be looking for a genuine girlfriend.

The thing is, older guys who are incredibly hot, like Pierce Brosnan, or Benedict Cumberbatch (sigh) or David Tenant (sigh sigh) are not exactly in need of sugardaddy websites. Just a thought.
Reply 9
hahahaha i just checked mine and had a message from a 38 year old in the same town as me uhhh oh. not happening haha
Reply 10
Original post by luuucyx
hahahaha i just checked mine and had a message from a 38 year old in the same town as me uhhh oh. not happening haha

Lol really? Have you been on a date with any?
Reply 11
Original post by SoNottingH
The thing is, older guys who are incredibly hot, like Pierce Brosnan, or Benedict Cumberbatch (sigh) or David Tenant (sigh sigh) are not exactly in need of sugardaddy websites. Just a thought.

this is exactly what makes me sad. to get a proper sugar daddy thats hot you have to go to the right places. theyre on a website for a reason.

also i know a girl that met her rich as **** boyfriend on twitter and they were together ages. not that im condoning being with someone for their money

would be nice if they were tho, happen to chance across george clooney looool
Reply 12
Original post by luuucyx
if you dont plan on being a sugar baby dont do it he'll probs get pissed off. i signed up got loads of requests but couldnt go through with it most of them have wives and stuff.

Will he get pissed off even after one date?

Do they expect girls to sleep with them on the first date?
Reply 13
Original post by luuucyx

also i know a girl that met her rich as **** boyfriend on twitter and they were together ages. not that im condoning being with someone for their money
l

It's not the money that I'm after, it's more the alpha male driven type of character that turns me on.

Soppy guys are so off putting.
Reply 14
Original post by luuucyx

Lol, does he look hot? Or not?

I would be suspicious of those sites anyway, I mean how many averagely good-looking guys who are 38 and who are rich would be in need of a website?
Reply 15
Anyone looking for a sugar daddy is an attention seeking whore.
Reply 16
Lmao of course he's sleazy, he's on a sugar daddy website!
Reply 17
Lol really? Have you been on a date with any?

nah im too scared, i almost did with one but i dunno its just a bit stressful i believe in like you have to know a person to have a connection and plus i recently got a boyfriend haha would be bad!

Will he get pissed off even after one date?

Do they expect girls to sleep with them on the first date?

no but i think theyre quite serious about it. i think a few guys on there dont have as much money as they make out. i had one offer me a job and my uni fees paid in return i was like ummm no i want jewellery haha.
nah i think its like dating where you dont get rushed into it but then theres no way to know theyre not some con whos gonna spike you (im not saying they are tho!! most are respectable)
also i think some guys on there do it out of curiosity,

It's not the money that I'm after, it's more the alpha male driven type of character that turns me on.

Soppy guys are so off putting.

welllll actually i do think you should go for it. make sure its in a public place and you have someone nearby to help you just incase but then like if it works out you could actually get on with him.. but then again be prepared to not feel harsh if you dont like him kinda thing. rich men are used to getting their own way with women

lool so many replies
Reply 18
Original post by SoNottingH
Lol, does he look hot? Or not?

I would be suspicious of those sites anyway, I mean how many averagely good-looking guys who are 38 and who are rich would be in need of a website?

no he was alright, a lot of the guys on there arent so bad i just think that at my age im likely to go for someone my age. i signed up before i met my boyfriend im with now and i think maybe if i was still single i might meet up with one but i'd find it hard to pick someone if you get me?

i guess maybe they just dont have the time to meet girls without a website? dont know really...guess some sign up out of curiosity and others because they are just really busy..
Reply 19
Original post by luuucyx
nah im too scared, i almost did with one but i dunno its just a bit stressful i believe in like you have to know a person to have a connection and plus i recently got a boyfriend haha would be bad!

no but i think theyre quite serious about it. i think a few guys on there dont have as much money as they make out. i had one offer me a job and my uni fees paid in return i was like ummm no i want jewellery haha.
nah i think its like dating where you dont get rushed into it but then theres no way to know theyre not some con whos gonna spike you (im not saying they are tho!! most are respectable)
also i think some guys on there do it out of curiosity,

welllll actually i do think you should go for it. make sure its in a public place and you have someone nearby to help you just incase but then like if it works out you could actually get on with him.. but then again be prepared to not feel harsh if you dont like him kinda thing. rich men are used to getting their own way with women

lool so many replies

Lol okay, thanks for the responses :smile:.

Why did you join this website since you have a boyfriend?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending