The Student Room Group

Girl at uni.......

So anyways I'm in my first year at uni doing social sciences and I don't have many friends as I'm an older student(25). I was on facebook the other week and got a random add from a girl whom I messaged asking if I knew her and got no reply. Moving on to the other day I was sitting in class and this girl was staring at me and I felt a little uncomfortable, so then the register came round and I saw this name I recognised and realised that the girl who added me on facebook was on my course, and was the girl staring at me.

So basically is it normal to be added by someone who does not know you(and would've found out your name by going through the student register) or am I right in being a little weirded out. Replies appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Maybe she's struggling to make new friends too?

The whole point of facebook when you're at uni is to meet new people and make new friends... be grateful that she bothered
Reply 2
Yeah I appreciate her being friendly but she's already got her own little clique of friends and I don't really see why she'd want to befriend me as I have made no contact whatsoever and just generally keep my head down.
Reply 3
Original post by nhornby51743

I have made no contact whatsoever and just generally keep my head down.

You do realise that being 25 is not the reason that you have not made friends and that the above behaviour is

perhaps she has added everyone in the class
Reply 4
Son, I am dissapoint.
Reply 5
Original post by TenOfThem
You do realise that being 25 is not the reason that you have not made friends and that the above behaviour is

perhaps she has added everyone in the class

When I'm in my seminars I have a bit of a joke with some people so I'm not anti-social whatsoever. I have checked and it appears she has no-one else added, not even most of the people she sits with, which made it more strange.
Reply 6
Original post by nhornby51743
When I'm in my seminars I have a bit of a joke with some people so I'm not anti-social whatsoever. I have checked and it appears she has no-one else added, not even most of the people she sits with, which made it more strange.

Are you male ... perhaps she fancies you
Reply 7
Maybe she finds you attractive and wants to get to know you in a relationship type way? Maybe she was embarrased or scared about talking to you in person but adding you on Facebook might make it easier for her to get to know you and what your interests are etc.
Reply 8
Original post by TenOfThem
Are you male ... perhaps she fancies you

Yes I am male :smile:
Reply 9
It would be nice if she did find me attractive as it would build my self esteem:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending