The Student Room Group

Its getting RIDICULOUS! HELP!!!

-I applied for Manchester university on the 10/01/13
-I recieved a conditional offer from them 2weeks before my interveiw.
-I emailed them about this and the lady was unsure and said she would find out what was going on ASAP (she never got back to me)

-2 Weeks later i had my interveiw at Manchester university.
-I asked my interveiwee if i really have a conditional offer and she said NO, only if you do well on this interveiw will i recieve one (Even though it says on my UCAS that i already have an offer) :s-smilie:

It has now been 3weeks since my interveiw and i have still heard nothing, my UCAS still says i have got a conditional offer from them.

I declined one of my London interveiws so that all my offers/replies are now completed, I then got an email from UCAS saying i can now reply to my offers. I accepted Manchester as my Firm. and Birmingham as insurance.

HAS MANCHESTER MADE A MISTAKE?
I dont think they are aware that i was made a conditional offer, i have emailed them twice and no reply?!

I AM GOING OUT OF MY MIND, do i have a LEGIT conditional offer from them or is it a mistake by UCAS?
Reply 1
Phone them :smile: emails are a pain, especially this time of year!
I second the poster above - phone them on Monday! I accidentally had a conditional offer from Queen Mary, London many moons ago when I was going through UCAS, and they said I could keep the offer but still had to go all the way there for a pointless interview three weeks later. Good luck, I hope they stick to the offer!
Reply 3
If they have made a mistake will i still be able to go to my insurance choice of birmingham?
Original post by WallisMamicita
If they have made a mistake will i still be able to go to my insurance choice of birmingham?

Yes, if Manchester has made a mistake that won't affect anything to do with your application to Birmingham. As the others have said, give Manchester a call asap and don't let them fob you off. UoM were really slow last year when I went with my friend to register for the year and messed everything up, which says to me that some of their admin staff are quite incompetent so you're probably not the only one affected.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending