Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Who Pays For Dinner On A Date? Watch

• View Poll Results: Who Pays For The Meal?
    Am A Guy - The Guy Pays For It All
    22.26%
    Am A Guy - The Guy Pays For Half The Meal
    20.80%
    Am A Guy - The Guy Pays For His Share
    11.31%
    Am A Girl - The Guy Pays For It All
    12.77%
    Am A Girl - The Guy Pays For Half The Meal
    12.41%
    Am A Girl - The Guy Pays For His Share
    20.44%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LISSEY)
    I'm old fashioned as I believe if a guy takes you on a date then he should pay for dinner.
    That's because he expecting to be paid back in p*ssy, simples.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I always offer to chip in, but the guys never let me pay for a thing. Ever.. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    The first couple of dates my now boyfriend paid as he refused to go halves. But now we usually split the bill.

ReputationRep:
    I voted half because that's what happens mostly, but since I got more money I sometimes take all of it. I would expect the same if the girl I was dating had more money though tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Whoever can afford it. If you both can then 50/50 simples

ReputationRep:
    Depends on who asked who.

But with me and my boyfriend, one person will pay for cinema tickets, the other person will pay for dinner.
    Or take turns paying for dinner.

Or my stingy boyfriend's favourite: "You can pay me back later"

ReputationRep:
    Take it in turns. It's so unromantic to start getting the calculator out or to do mental arithmetic in front of your girl. Went on a 'date' with a girl, had something to eat and when the servant/cash woman asked for the money, I displaced the money from my hand to hers so fast, she nor my date didn't even know what happened. Felt like an independent man who has finally passed the trials of the art of manliness from that day. :moon:

She said: "Thanks, I'll pay for the next one. And oh, you've been such an amazing guy so far. I'll give you a present later before you have to leave."

and man did I get a present, balls deep and all mayn - balls deep and all. :ahee:

In all seriousness, just take it in turns. If I met a girl who 'expected' me to pay for our first date, lol I won't be going any further. Make an effort will you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.