The Student Room Group

University Choice Help?

Hello, posting to see if I could get some useful advice on which university to firm, as both my parents and teachers seem determined to give me the old "follow your heart" type nonsense:smile:. Currently I have unconditional offers from both UCL and Edinburgh for law, and am having trouble deciding which one to choose! I really like the city of Edinburgh, and the idea of cheaper living costs+ tuition fees that comes with it (as I am a EU student), but UCL is apparently much more prestigious? Is anyone in a similar situation? And is the prestige of UCL really worth me getting myself 27000 pounds of debt, whereas I could probably get through Edinburgh with savings and help from my parents alone. I would be very grateful for any help!
Reply 1
Original post by Beasty
Hello, posting to see if I could get some useful advice on which university to firm, as both my parents and teachers seem determined to give me the old "follow your heart" type nonsense:smile:. Currently I have unconditional offers from both UCL and Edinburgh for law, and am having trouble deciding which one to choose! I really like the city of Edinburgh, and the idea of cheaper living costs+ tuition fees that comes with it (as I am a EU student), but UCL is apparently much more prestigious? Is anyone in a similar situation? And is the prestige of UCL really worth me getting myself 27000 pounds of debt, whereas I could probably get through Edinburgh with savings and help from my parents alone. I would be very grateful for any help!

Personally I'd go with UCL. It is more prestigious and more internationally recognised. I don't know the specifics for law though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending